Is this normal? (battery question)

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I got my replacement iPhone yesterday because the first one I bought had problems. Anyways, the new one was charged overnight and when I unplugged my phone it said 98% on lock screen and 100% off lock screen. So I shut the phone off and they both said 100%. I don't know what that was all about.

YaNIC.jpg

Is this good for usage? I know I was getting way better battery life on 4.2.7, and this phone is 4.2.6. I tried upgrading the other day on previous iphone 4 with 4.2.8 and it was buggy.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
It depends on your phone settings. I've found that turning off push email makes a big difference in battery life as well as screen brightness

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yes and no. Give your replacement a week at least. Stand by can be deceiving. My wife has her usage times with two hours of usage while her stand by is 2 days. Mine is usually around 18 hours of stand by with 5 hours of usage. Today I have been using my phone since I've unplugged it and I'm about where you are. 2 hours 36 minutes of usage and 9 hours and 39 minutes of stand by and I'm at 60%.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
You can't always go by the time listed, it's more important what you were doing while using the phone. During the work week I stream spark radio for 5 hours, the battery falls to 20% so I plug it in for the remainder of the day.

Over the weekend when I do little to no streaming I go from a full charge on Saturday morning to Sunday night without a charge.

Since it's a newer phone you probably should give it a few weeks of full charge cycles (full charge to less than 20% before charging again) before you really can tell how the battery is going to be for sure.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I took my phone to apple and they said everything is fine. However it's not. I charged it over night after draining it and in 2 hours of standby only and half an hour of usage, the phone went down to 70%. All I did for that half an hour was surf tipb.com on the web, check an email, and check facebook real quick. I don't know what to do, but I know the battery is in fact, not fine like apple says. Any advice?

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Crazy question but how is your signal? If it's not good phone has to try harder to get one drains battery faster.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That could be a big part of the problem. And believe it or not reception gets worse in spring with all the leaves coming in on the trees. I know it sounds crazy but its true

Reactions: brokenxreality

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
When I'm in my house it's usually 3 bars, but when I'm at the store, or at someone else's house it's 4 or 5 bars. Maybe my house is possessed. ;) Hopefully this battery issue goes away. I charged it again and now it has a good charge. Been on standby for an hour, and usage time is 20 minutes and it's at 100% still.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If you can when you are at home, connect o wifi. I found that anytime where signal isn't great, instead of having your phone constantly refresh the 3G signal, connect to a wifi source.

Generally, wifi sources wont change in the way that the 3G service will and will generally help battery life for when you are in the areas with poor signal service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711