iphone4 push mail issues

donjt81

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why this is happening. I just got my new iphone4 and the mail settings are set to "Push" = ON. Right below there is an option for "Fetch". It reads "The schedule below is used when push is off..."

So i left the fetch option as "manual". I figured since I have push turned on it didn't really matter what was selected under "Fetch"

But looks like it does matter. I don't get any emails until I launch my mail app. I would think if push is turned on then it should deliver emails to me without opening the mail app.

Is this the normal behavior for iphone?

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
this happens on my gmail account but not my exchange account that one pushes fine. I would like to know the same thing.

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Push only works on the iphone through an exchange server.

If it's an imap server or pop server then that is where the fetch settings come into play. If you have it as manual and it's a pop or imap server then it will only check when you launch the mail app.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure why this is happening. I just got my new iphone4 and the mail settings are set to "Push" = ON. Right below there is an option for "Fetch". It reads "The schedule below is used when push is off..."

So i left the fetch option as "manual". I figured since I have push turned on it didn't really matter what was selected under "Fetch"

But looks like it does matter. I don't get any emails until I launch my mail app. I would think if push is turned on then it should deliver emails to me without opening the mail app.

Is this the normal behavior for iphone?

Is your email setup as Exchange? If not none of those settings matter because your email will not push anyway.

Gmail and Hotmail both provide free Exchange syncing. Yahoo supposedly does native push on the iPhone but it's not reliable. Everything else is IMAP which does not push at all.

blakcrp

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
unwanted email address

Once I enter an email address it remains forever even if it is not part of my address book. Then when I try to enter another address it may appear as part of a list. How do I get rid of these unwanted addresses. They are not part of my contacts. I am using yahoo!Mail on an IPhone 4.

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
not optimistic unless

Once I enter an email address it remains forever even if it is not part of my address book. Then when I try to enter another address it may appear as part of a list. How do I get rid of these unwanted addresses. They are not part of my contacts. I am using yahoo!Mail on an IPhone 4.

I don't think it can be done without going through a reset and then a reload of your personalized iPhone via iTunes. It's not worth it IMHO.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner