White iPhone upgrade issue

Renkman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I currently have three phone lines, all in my name with AT&T. One for me, one for my wife, and one for my wife's work. I wanted to upgrade my wife's 3GS to a White iPhone 4, but she is not eligible for the discounted upgrade until next April. However, her work phone is eligible. Would I be able to upgrade her work phone, (piece of junk LG Shine) and activate/switch it to her current phone number without any penalty since it is all on the same account anyway?

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it can be done. Make sure that you go into a corporate ATT store for any help. They can make sure that all IMEI and SIM #'s correspond to the correct lines and that all correct features are added or removed after the "switch". :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You will not be able to do it on your own. The iPhone 4 uses a micro-SIM which is smaller than what is inside the 3GS and the Shine. Your wife will need to cut down the SIM in her 3GS to fit into the iPhone 4's SIM tray. You will need to get a new SIM from AT&T to put into the 3GS as the micro-SIM will be too small; unless there are adapters I am not aware of that you can use.

Renkman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. I am aware that it's a micro-Sim. I have an iPhone 4 already. There are cutting kits you can buy, too. I was just exploring other possibilities that might be easier that I couldn't think of.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner