iPhone 4 does not sync to iCal for Mac?

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly new to the Mac world (though I've dreamed about them for years). First Macbook in December, and just bought my first iPhone 3 days ago.

What I need to know is, do Calendar entries made ON MY iPhone sync with iCal ON MY MAC?

I assumed they would, but so far, it doesn't appear as though they do.

Is there a setting I need to change? Is there something I can do to make this work?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I sync both iCal and my iPhone to Google. I would love to get rid of "home" on my iCal as I don't use it.

There are many advantages to syncing with Google, like instant updating, no matter where you make the entry, and not having to worry about backing up or restoring.

Alybrey

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The sync is in Itunes. After you plug your phone into your mac, it should bring up Itunes. If it doesn't bring it up yourself. When you see your phone connected in Itunes, click on it. In the upper part of Itunes, you will see Info, Apps and some other things. (I'm not at home so can't remember all the headings) Click on Info I think. If not keep clicking on those various things and you will see the boxes you can check for Ical and To do's. Click Apply at the bottom of Itunes and it will sync all for you.

Reactions: wifeypoo

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I sync both iCal and my iPhone to Google. I would love to get rid of "home" on my iCal as I don't use it.

There are many advantages to syncing with Google, like instant updating, no matter where you make the entry, and not having to worry about backing up or restoring.

I usually do sync with Google, but, frankly, I was hoping with the iphone I'd be able to bypass that.

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
The sync is in Itunes. After you plug your phone into your mac, it should bring up Itunes. If it doesn't bring it up yourself. When you see your phone connected in Itunes, click on it. In the upper part of Itunes, you will see Info, Apps and some other things. (I'm not at home so can't remember all the headings) Click on Info I think. If not keep clicking on those various things and you will see the boxes you can check for Ical and To do's. Click Apply at the bottom of Itunes and it will sync all for you.

Interesting! I'm going to give this a try!

***UPDATE: It works! Downside, you have to manually sync, whereas with Google, it's done through the network. Now I have to decide.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting! I'm going to give this a try!

***UPDATE: It works! Downside, you have to manually sync, whereas with Google, it's done through the network. Now I have to decide.

You know that you can import your Google calendar right into iCal right? That's what I do. This let's me use iCal as the program to access my Google calendar so it still updates everything automatically AND I get to use iCal.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You know that you can import your Google calendar right into iCal right? That's what I do. This let's me use iCal as the program to access my Google calendar so it still updates everything automatically AND I get to use iCal.

Ditto. Sync my Google to iCal and to my iPhone, and they all work wonderfully together and update wirelessly. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro