Untethered Jailbreak for Verizon iPhone iOS 4.2.7 out now!!!
either use the latest Sn0wbreeze 2.6.1(windows only! if you're on mac use redsn0w or ask someone that has windows to make you a custom firmware) and cook up a custom firmware and restore to it. if you've used the latest redsn0w before to jailbreak it and have been stuck with a "tethered" jailbreak you can "un-tether" it with this patch from cydia under the repo named "http://cydia.pushfix.info" and it's called "Verizon Untether for 4.2.7".
more info here.
Last edited by Alveezy; 04-30-2011 at 12:51 AM.
- 04-29-2011, 11:49 PM #2
- 04-29-2011, 11:51 PM #3
- 04-30-2011, 12:02 AM #5
- 04-30-2011, 12:08 AM #6iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
If mine is tethered right now and i run that from cydia will i lose all of my apps from cydia?
- 04-30-2011, 12:30 AM #7iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
i just applied the patch in this forum from cydia Verizon unteather 4.2.7 and it worked and i did not lose anything. thank you so much alveezy
- 04-30-2011, 12:35 AM #8
Someone please help! I'm stuck at work for the next 12 hours and can't download the file from hotfile.com
Can anyone host the file to where my work wont block common file sharing sites?
I will even donate some $$ (PayPal) if someone can host it, and email me the link.
Thanks in advance!
cortlands at g mail dot com.
- 04-30-2011, 12:41 AM #11
- 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM #12
- 04-30-2011, 12:47 AM #13
- 04-30-2011, 01:17 AM #15
- 04-30-2011, 01:34 AM #16
- 04-30-2011, 06:30 AM #18
- 04-30-2011, 06:42 AM #19iPhone Intermediate
- 103 Posts
Sn0wbreeze works flawlessly. Not so sure about any other ways but this way is a no-brainer.
- 04-30-2011, 07:06 AM #20
- 04-30-2011, 09:22 AM #21
ok hello there all. I am kind of new to all this but I currently have a verizon iphone with 4.2.6 and jailbroke using greenp0ison. I have been wanting to update to 4.2.7 to clean up everything on my phone and then re-jailbrake it. I have been waiting or this jailbrake to come out.
My question is, do i need to do anything special to do this. let me know if tis is what i need to do:
-restore through itunes to the new 4.2.7 firmware (to clean it all up)
-run sn0wbreeze 2.6.1 to jailbrake like normal
I appreciate the help. I havent done a lot of tweaking yet on the 4.2.6 jailbrake so I dont mind doing a restore to clean it all up.
I just wasnt sure if there was anything special since i used greenp0ison before?
- 04-30-2011, 10:36 AM #22iPhone Intermediate
- 103 Posts
Dont bother updating through itunes it doesn't work like greenpois0n.
Back up your phone in iTunes. Then download sn0wbreeze and the 4.2.7 ipsw file. Run sn0wbreeze and follow instructions. Restore from backup when finished to get settings back.
- 04-30-2011, 10:59 AM #23iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
FIRST..THANK YOU FOR THE UN-TETHERED!!! I'm so excited!
Here are the steps I followed and I had no problems getting my tethered Verizon Iphone 4 to un-tethered.
I should mention I am on Windows 7
1. Backup your iphone on iTunes. The method I use is I right click the name of my phone and click backup.
2. If you have to un-tether your phone first go to your Cydia. Click on Sources on the bottom, then edit, then add, then type in cydia.pushfix.info, press done, then tap the pushfix.info file that it shows and install it. (these instructions can be seen on your computer browser by going to Cydia.pushfix.info )
3. Go to iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download sn0wbreeze 2.6
4. You will have to download 4.2.7 from here iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download (this is the link provided in the sn0wbreeze program. This takes approx 15 minutes to download).
5. Run the sn0wbreeze program and follow the instructions. They are very VERY easy to follow. Whole process took approx. 10 minutes to complete.
6. Finally you'll go to iTunes and then hold down the shift key and click restore and then restore the backup of your phone.
Including download time and some running after the kids inbetween this whole thing took me about an hour. But this is my first time doing an official jailbreak. I did a tethered jailbreak for the first time a few days ago.
Thank you to everyone who has posted here this morning to help me through this
- 04-30-2011, 11:01 AM #24
Ok so I downloaded sn0wbreeze and and downloaded the 4.2.7 ipsw files. I opened sn0breeze and went to browse for the ipsw file to put it into sn0breeze and there are no files in the ipsw only the folders. I have tried downloading several times to no avail. Any suggestions? I really want to jailbreak my iphone, but do not want to go the tethered route!!!
- 04-30-2011, 11:08 AM #25iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
I didn't try to open the IPSW file at all. Just leave it on your desktop and browse for the file through sn0wbreeze