Ugh! I got a scratch.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I got a little itty bitty scratch on the iPhone I love so much. Comments that start with 'why didn't you' or 'you should have' aren't really necessary...I'm just wondering if I can remove it or if anyone knows of a magic trick. thanks :eek:)

Eick1967

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've got one , too. I have had mine since February and had taken exceptionally good care of it so as not to scratch until .... 2 weeks ago I was running late for work and simply dropped it down on my purse. By the time I got to work, I had a pretty significant scratch to the right of my home button. I have a mirror screen protector on the way that will cover it up but it sucks knowing that it is scratched. I keep reading that you can use Brasso if you are very gentle and take your time but I have to think that since it is an abrasive that it will hurt the coating on the screen. I also thought about taking it to a jeweler to see if it could be buffed out but again , I think it would also damage the coating.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Are there screen protectors that don't kill the quality of the screen? All the ones I have seen really ruin the clarity (even thought screen protector people are scratchless and I can't say that anymore...)

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
SGP's as well (don't recall the specific ones off the top of my head).

Comments that start with 'why didn't you' or 'you should have' aren't really necessary...
Even Gorilla Glass isn't unscratchable. All it takes is as little as a grain of sand. Don't buy into the "key test" videos. Keys aren't harder than glass and won't scratch it.

Don't try to remove the scratch as it will affect the coating.

Last edited:
Reactions: MECM

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Are there screen protectors that don't kill the quality of the screen? All the ones I have seen really ruin the clarity (even thought screen protector people are scratchless and I can't say that anymore...)

Steinheil ultra crystal via sgpstore

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen