New user with a question....

Manny_Fresh

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
i just made the switch to the iphone from blackberry. i was a blackberry user for 5yrs and never thought i would change. im in love with my iphone its amazing. the only problem ive got is for some reason or another i have to keep opening my email folder so that i can refresh it to recieve any new emails. is there a way to make it so that the emails refresh it self and comes up any time i receive one? thanks for any help with this!

brokenartist

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Well you can set your email folder to auto refresh every 15 minutes

Settings -> Mail,Contacts, Calendars -> Fetch New Data -> Push -> ON Fetch Every 15 minutes

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i just made the switch to the iphone from blackberry. i was a blackberry user for 5yrs and never thought i would change. im in love with my iphone its amazing. the only problem ive got is for some reason or another i have to keep opening my email folder so that i can refresh it to recieve any new emails. is there a way to make it so that the emails refresh it self and comes up any time i receive one? thanks for any help with this!

I came from Blackberry as well. What type of email is it (hotmail, gmail, etc)? There is a way you can link it like a Blackberry.

Topgunner

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
email accts.

I came from Blackberry as well. What type of email is it (hotmail, gmail, etc)? There is a way you can link it like a Blackberry.

There are a variety of email accounts that you can have, like microsoft exchange, gmail.yahoo, aol, etc. There are settings to where you can fetch new data every so many minutes or manually as mentioned above.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually have my hotmail pushed to my phone exactly like my blackberry. The account is totally linked so even if I compose a new email on my phone it shows up in my sent box on a desktop computer. No reason to have your phone fetch, set it up to push.

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Who is your email provider? I use gmail and my wife uses hotmail. All we did was setup those accounts through the "exchange" email and it automatically pushes new emails like my old bb did.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I hate email on the iPhone. I have yahoo and it's set up the way everyone suggested, but it will go hours without fetching, pushing, bottom line..blackberry email was instantaneous, iPhone isn't. Grrr.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate email on the iPhone. I have yahoo and it's set up the way everyone suggested, but it will go hours without fetching, pushing, bottom line..blackberry email was instantaneous, iPhone isn't. Grrr.

I have read its an issue with Yahoo (try googling it) not the Iphone. I have a hotmail account and my fiance has a gmail account and both work flawlessly.

Manny_Fresh

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help...! i am using gmail for email. i like them the best so far. i wouldnt mind setting it up so it just pushes but if it has to check every 15mins or so that will work. i guess anythings better then having to refresh it myself lol.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Your setup isn't instantaneous. There's a difference. I have an Exchange account on my iPhone and it is instantaneous.

The iPhone also doesn't suffer from RIM outages or the equivalent since there's no BIS/BES on the iPhone.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, that's not the iPhone, it's Yahoo :( I have a Yahoo email too, and I ended up just having it sent to my Gmail and pushed because Yahoo can't manage it for some reason...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox