Q: White iPhone 4 & Apple Care

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
If my black iPhone was to mysteriously break and I were to replace it with Apple Care, would I be able to replace the broken black one with a new white iPhone 4?

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I doubt that. Apple will replace with an identical device. If tree are no black phones in stock than maybe. I remember when I ran into this problem where the warehouse didn't have any more white 3GS and they offere to send a black 3GS.

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I don't think so. I wish they would though. Maybe if they had a refurbed unit and they were out of the black, then maybe. I guess it would depend on which Apple store you were at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not scamming the system. If my phone breaks, they're still replacing the same phone that I bought at full price. The color is different. Big whoop.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It's not scamming the system. If my phone breaks, they're still replacing the same phone that I bought at full price. The color is different. Big whoop.

Yes, but apply it to other retail purchases like shirt. If there is something wrong with it, you don't get another choice...you get the exact product. Especially since the white iPhone was JUST released. If you wanted it that bad, you should have waited or buy a conversion kit.

The best idea would be for you to try to switch with someone who wants to buy a black one...have them buy a white one and trade.

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but apply it to other retail purchases like shirt. If there is something wrong with it, you don't get another choice...you get the exact product. Especially since the white iPhone was JUST released. If you wanted it that bad, you should have waited or buy a conversion kit.

The best idea would be for you to try to switch with someone who wants to buy a black one...have them buy a white one and trade.

Not entirely true. I returned a t shirt the other day and got cash back, a full refund. I didn't get the same t shirt. I shouldn't be to blame because the white one was just released. If Anuthing, Apple should be offering to trade any black iPhones for white ones or people with Apple Care, since it's 10 months late. I never said I was going to do it or break it on purpose, just wanted to know if it did break, that I could get a white one. Yall jumping the gun top quick!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not entirely true. I returned a t shirt the other day and got cash back, a full refund. I didn't get the same t shirt. I shouldn't be to blame because the white one was just released. If Anuthing, Apple should be offering to trade any black iPhones for white ones or people with Apple Care, since it's 10 months late. I never said I was going to do it or break it on purpose, just wanted to know if it did break, that I could get a white one. Yall jumping the gun top quick!

the horse is dead... get off.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
You can get a refund if you return the device is within the alloted 14 day return period. They announced there would be delays. Apple had an official press release on June 23rd stating the white iphone 4 would be delayed. They issued another one in mid-July leaving the date undetermined.

Apple doesn't have to offer any program to trade up. What about all the people who purchased the iPhone and the new model comes out? It's a buisness...if you wanted the white one bad enough, you should have waited or purchased a conversion kit. You had 14 days to return the device for a refund or exchange it for ANY other phone. That has passed, Apple is under no contractual obligations to give you a white one.

Your best bet is to trade or to hope that Apple is out of black iPhone 4s.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2