iphone - stuck in emergency mode. please help.

krayd

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello all.

I have a problem and can't find the answers anywhere but was referred to this site. I've tried the search function and browsing the forums but can't find solutions for my specific problem.

My ebay iphone was locked (with AT&T) and I tried to use rogers wireless cellular service(I thought it was unlocked). The iphone would not work (even though it said "carrier rogers")

The rogers iphone technician told me to do a restore and after he walked me through that it shows a usb cable pointing to the itunes symbol and I can only slide for emergency to make emergency calls.:eek:

Is there anything I can do to get out this emergency mode? I don't have an AT&T sim card and I live in Canada and AT&T isn't in Canada. :(

I have no idea what to do and I would love to have my ipod and other apps back. :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Depending on which iPhone it is, and which firmware/baseband, you may be able to jailbreak and unlock to use it on Rogers. Check those things and then take a look at the jailbreak forum. That is your only choice.

krayd

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for the reply. It's an iphone 3G 8 GB but I don't know what firmware/baseband it is. Is there any way to check while it's in the emergency mode? I'm pretty out of my element here. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77