I've never Restored - help?

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
I have never had to restore my iPhone 4 before and am unsure of how to do it. I clicked on Restore and got the "do you want to back up the settings for the iPhone before restoring the software?"

Does this mean back up my current iPhone or does this mean it will pull the setting from a previous back-up? If I say no then I get the popup that it will erase all data and replace with factory settings?

I'm trying to get my iPhone back to when I last updated it since the new software update has made all my folders vanish (it took hours to get everything exactly the way I want it!) and my home screen is just downright crazy!
:mad:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes and no and yes. I think you have a bunch of questions in there, and hope I'm correctly interpreting what you've already done.

You have updated your firmware (by clicking Restore), but did not back up immediately before doing so. You can now click Restore and choose to a previous backup to get back what you had the last time you backed up prior to the firmware update.

Reactions: SouthernBlendFL
Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Thumbs Up

Alli,

I was nervous as hell - but trusted that you knew what you were talking about and you did! Isn't it funny how a device can cause a person such a sick panic feeling that everything will be lost.

Thanks again! :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Any time you hit that restore button you get a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. No matter how much experience you have. Hehe! Glad it all worked for ya.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices