Help Me Love My New iPhone

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got my new iPhone 4. I came from a Motorola Droid X. Please help me love this new toy. I am missing my large screen and great Google app (calendar pad). Any info/suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Samsung Fascinate that had a pretty large screen as well. I miss it someitmes but iOS is just so much smoother than Android! The retina display also beats out the other screens so that helps.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's up to you to love your new toy. Explore it. Tinker with it. Jailbreak it. Restore it. Explore all boundaries. See what the baby can do - then decide if you love it or not :) It's all up to you, bro. If you have questions, let us know - but we're not gonna do the lovin' for you. That's for you to do :)

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I came from a Fascinate and a Droid X. I do miss a few things like widgets and the ability to easily change text sounds. But I do prefer iOS. It's more polished and the battery life rocks the socks off my Fascinate and X.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If the only thing you're really missing is the calendar app from Android, you're in good shape. Calendaring on Android is as bad as stock calendars on iPhone - they both suck. Look at some of the 3rd party calendar apps available (lots and lots of threads in the apps forum).

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I had an X, Fascinate, Incredible..all the high end Droid's at the time...You couldn't GIVE me an Android device anymore. MY JB iPhone suits me wonderfully, and I will never change :)

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I'm feeling better about my iPhone. Found Calengoo - beautiful Google calendar interface and "Pimp my Screen". Forgot how much better music was on this platform. Pandora is soooo much better. I also have an iPad 1, so some things go on it that won't go on my iPhone (videos, movies, etc). Love that I can get Netflix (not possible with Android).

I am a little leary of JBi'ng. I never rooted my X. Gave it to the hubs.... Maybe I'll get nervy and JB in a few weeks!

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am a little leary of JBi'ng. I never rooted my X. Gave it to the hubs.... Maybe I'll get nervy and JB in a few weeks!

Well, for Jailbreaking, I think you should know these:
Why jailbreak?
And then you'll get what, lose what.
Some articles are worth a reading:
5 Reasons to Jailbreak Your iPhone - and 5 Reasons Not - PCWorld
Why People Jailbreak/Hack?
Why You Have to Jailbreak the iPhone 4 (or iOS 4)

And to the now iPhone, you will explore much more, as you have explored some ;)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly new because my help my network users and my wife has had one. I am trying to give up the Droid X because of a great time and billing app that syncs with tablet, phone and QuickBooks.

So far I'm missing speed dial, screen size and WAY superior mapping and navigation. The keyboard software is just lame compared to SwiftKey and other Android options. OTOH iPhone has responsive screen, easy podcast management, small but easy to view screen and bomber backup and restore via cable the Droid does not have.

I'm missing Droid widgets for speed dial and messaging to contacts am trying to find out which app is best for that.

Oh, and not being able to name your WiFi SSID is about as stupid as no speed dial and the bad navigation integration.

Of course then there's the big difference of no easy refunds or good privacy notices when you buy apps.

So much for the gripes because the time and billing solution is good. If nothing else I know well that Android is much better than many realize.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I also came from Android and i will NEVER go back. iOS runs much more smooth than Android.

I had a Droid 1 and an HTC Incredible and neither of them performed like the iPhone 4. Ive had my iPhone 4 since it got released (It came to my door on Feb 7th) and i still have not got bored with this thing. I have over 100 apps on it and it still works as fast as it did when it came out of the box.

And this is saying a lot coming from me because i was a Super Moderator of 3 different Android forums and according to my friends the "Android Expert" since i always fixed their damn phones lol. I even had Best Buy want to hire me because of my expertise with Android phones.

Last edited:

johntkong

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a Droid X before my iPhone 4. The X pales in comparison to the iPhone 4. Screen size aside, and I don't really think the X's large screen is a plus, there is nothing about the X or the Android platform that would ever make me consider missing either for a moment. iOS is far superior.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly new because my help my network users and my wife has had one. I am trying to give up the Droid X because of a great time and billing app that syncs with tablet, phone and QuickBooks.

So far I'm missing speed dial, screen size and WAY superior mapping and navigation. The keyboard software is just lame compared to SwiftKey and other Android options. OTOH iPhone has responsive screen, easy podcast management, small but easy to view screen and bomber backup and restore via cable the Droid does not have.

I'm missing Droid widgets for speed dial and messaging to contacts am trying to find out which app is best for that.

Oh, and not being able to name your WiFi SSID is about as stupid as no speed dial and the bad navigation integration.

Of course then there's the big difference of no easy refunds or good privacy notices when you buy apps.

So much for the gripes because the time and billing solution is good. If nothing else I know well that Android is much better than many realize.

I hate to say it, but "There's an app for that".

It sounds to me you would benefit greatly from jailbreaking :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got my new iPhone 4. I came from a Motorola Droid X. Please help me love this new toy. I am missing my large screen and great Google app (calendar pad). Any info/suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Only you can love it! If you have to get help then maybe you need to go back to your X? I came from the OG Droid, X, and Incredible and dont regret it! Sure there are a couple things I miss but overall, especially battery life, the iPhone is much better, IMO!

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, everyone! I am getting used to my iPhone. There are many things I like about it...no battery pulls, for one! Reading the tips and tricks and learning how to get the most out of my phone. I am seriously considering jailbreaking, just not that comfortable yet.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner