Does anybody else notice?

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else notice that for some reason, when you pull your phone from the charger and it's at 100%, that the first 1% to be used up lasts really long; probably longer than any other percent? Like I just checked ms posted two things on twitter, checked my email, sent and received about ten texts, and posted this topic and it's still at 100%. Anybody else notice that or have any reasoning for it

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I see this happening sometimes. Sometimes I'll have to really "force" it to get down to 99%. I don't really think too much about it...since I don't think those percentages are completely accurate anyway.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Idk, I can sometimes unplug it from 100% full charged and then within a few minutes it's down to 99%. Other times, not so much.

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I suspect its the battery meter itself...

As batteries charge and discharge, the voltage fluctuates.

For example, the iphone4 uses a 3.7volt battery...

The meter may be set so that 3.7 = 100%, and 3.3 = 0%

Usually the charging voltage is slightly higher than the voltage of the battery, so when you unplug it its at 3.8v. and that 0.1v takes a while to use up so it looks like it stays at 100% longer. The example of shorter time on 100% could be attributed to the fact it just hit 100% charge and just made is at exactly 3.7 and drops to 3.699999 so 99%

Thats my best guess....

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's weird, after I posted that, I checked Facebook, replied to another topic, texted a few more time, and watched a short video and it was still at 100%, but I think you're right about the percentages not being completely accurate.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes I have noticed. Either way, the battery will last the same. It just how it registers it.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I noticed the same about the 100%...but after that the percentage drops rather quickly until around 75%...than I have to work harder to get the percentage to drop at the same rate. Either way, my battery lasts all day and than some (sometimes 2 days with lighter usage)...I'm happy with it. It blows all the other Android phones (now in my drawer at home) out of the water.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same about the 100%...but after that the percentage drops rather quickly until around 75%...than I have to work harder to get the percentage to drop at the same rate. Either way, my battery lasts all day and than some (sometimes 2 days with lighter usage)...I'm happy with it. It blows all the other Android phones (now in my drawer at home) out of the water.

Agreed, I'm not by any means complaining, I love the battery life and how I never have to charge it until the end of the day.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that when I am draining down the battery to zero it will go from 4% to off. That in itself tells me that the % isn't all that accurate.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i too had noticed it takes a little while for my device to drop from 100% to 99%..

my anxiety starts to rise when i get around 60% - 50%. weird, i know

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I always leave my IPhone on and I plug it in over night to charge. When I get up in the morning the percentage is usually at 100%. For some reason this past Tuesday morning the percentage was at 98% after the nightly charge. First I figured I must have lost power for a considerable period over night or something but that wasn't the case. All of the clocks were still correct (yes even the ones without battery backup) and I asked around the neighborhood if anyone thought we lost power. The answer was an anonymous no.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes the battery will do what's called a trickle charge--it cuts off the power, lets the battery drain a percentage point or two, then charges it again. Keeps it in top shape.

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I find that with my 3gs my battery really gets crappy when im playing angry birds, even for like 10-15 minutes it kills the battery

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73