Fixed my digitizer, but now it won't work, HELLPPP!!!!

vlkster

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I broke my 3gs digitizer screen, replaced it(yes i turned it off 1st), then i tried to turn it back on and all i get is the apple logo and the load circle. I've restored, updated, restored, let the phone drain it self till its dead, left it on all night in the load screen, rechecked all the connections again and still nothing. what did i do wrong? is something simple or is the phone done for? did i get the wrong digitizer screen? is that possible? any help would be great.

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Wouldnt think you would see anything if you got the wrong digitizer. Ive only replaced that one time in the past but had no problems even though it took a while. If you dont mind me asking where did u get it at? To answer your question, im not sure what you would do about your problem....

vlkster

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
i got it through ebay....maybe a wrong idea? i mean fixing the digitizer took all of 15-20, thats only cause the screen was in peices.

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
hmmmm... im not sure man. I hate working on the iphones. You said u have a 3gs. You should have an upgrade soon or even now maybe? Iphone 4 is well worth the upgrade.

vlkster

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
well to be honest i'm cheap and i would like to fix it myself, but again it seems there is no iphone guru who would like to help or will help. and because i fixed it by myself and still want to fix it by myself i'm probley looked down on.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you have it working before the screen broke? In other words, are you sure these two issues are connected?

vlkster

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
it was cable #3, there is a white flap to open when your putting it in and if its not in all the way it just stays stuck on the load screen. opened up my phone flipped up the flap, put cable 3 back in and closed the flap and started it up, now it works fine...to bad i didn't find that earlier.!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2