Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default How to Forward text like call forwarding?

Is their a way where i can forward all my text message to another phone like call forwarding works? If their is a jailbreak way too, can you tell me what to use to make it work in jailbreak iphone.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

On my Droid Eris I used to be able to forward a SMS by long pressing on it. All I have found is to copy and paste into a new message. Is there an easier way?

I know that SMS text messaging is built in for iPhones with 3.0 software of higher. Just follow these steps:

1) view the SMS text message conversation containing the message you'd like to forward
    2) tap EDIT at the top of the screen
    3) check off the message(s) you'd like to forward
    4) tap FORWARD at the bottom right of the screen

Not too sure about other phones, sorry!
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Rusi125 View Post
    Is their a way where i can forward all my text message to another phone like call forwarding works? If their is a jailbreak way too, can you tell me what to use to make it work in jailbreak iphone.
    I have not heard of a way to automatically have texts forwarded.
    Steve Jobs created iCloud so he would have somewhere to go when he died and still be with Apple.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Like call forwarding, it's a carrier thing, and I don't believe any carriers support it.
    iMore Intermediate

Google Voice will do it.
    Don't listen to the guy below me.
    Last edited by rstark18; 04-16-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

You can set up Google Voice and that will do that for you. Don't listen to guy above me... listen to me instead -- even though it's the same thing
    iPod Touch, iPad, Verizon iPhone
    If you're under 21, go spam MacRumors forums. If you're a moderator, look past my posts.