iOS 4.2.7 update available for Verizon iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so we get 4.2.7, but still no 4.3.x? Are we allowed to get concerned now?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so we get 4.2.7, but still no 4.3.x? Are we allowed to get concerned now?

I'll start getting ticked if they make another step-up on the GSM side without updating us...

The details on the release look like they're fixing major bugs that have nothing to do with the Verizon iPhone anyway... Facetime bugs that were introduced in 4.3.x - and some iPad connectivity issues - so we're not really missing out on anything.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll start getting ticked if they make another step-up on the GSM side without updating us...

The details on the release look like they're fixing major bugs that have nothing to do with the Verizon iPhone anyway... Facetime bugs that were introduced in 4.3.x - and some iPad connectivity issues - so we're not really missing out on anything.

...that we haven't been missing since 4.3 was released. Granted, mostly minor stuff, but in order for me to be able to send from my @mac.com address, (as opposed to @me.com), I have to set it up manually, as opposed to the default MobileMe setup on the iPhone. This causes me to lose Push and resort to Fetch. Apple's solution for me? Upgrade to 4.3.x .... Oh, the irony. Home Sharing to my Apple TV improvements would be cool to have, too, but I am ok with out it.

Again, not a complaint, but I would at least like some sort of reassurance/acknowledgement from Apple.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Im sure this is just a security/JB patch

Right, but 4.3 isn't. Again, not the biggest of issues, but this is the first post 4.3.x update for CDMA, and still no acknowledgement as to why.

I am not unreasonable, just like to know. It is my nature and occupation. I don't need to have everything, but I do need to know why.

Oh well. Starting to sound like a grumpy old man, even bugging myself...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Right, but 4.3 isn't. Again, not the biggest of issues, but this is the first post 4.3.x update for CDMA, and still no acknowledgement as to why.

I am not unreasonable, just like to know. It is my nature and occupation. I don't need to have everything, but I do need to know why.

Oh well. Starting to sound like a grumpy old man, even bugging myself...

I'm still running 4.2.1. As I have stated over and over in other threads, I dont know why people whine about not having 4.3. It is soooo buggy. Be glad you dont have it. My wifes is on 4.3.1 and I will upgrade hers tonight to 4.3.2hoping it solves some bugs. Until it does, I'm not upgrading mine.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm still running 4.2.1. As I have stated over and over in other threads, I dont know why people whine about not having 4.3.

4.3.x gave GSM users features that are still unavailable to us lowly 4.2.x Using Verizon peons. :D We want the new features dammit!!!
:D :D :D

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
4.3.x gave GSM users features that are still unavailable to us lowly 4.2.x Using Verizon peons. :D We want the new features dammit!!!

For me, the only thing I feel I'm missing out on is the Safari rendering of pages.
But the more and more I use apps, the less and less I'm actually using the
browser.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm still running 4.2.1. As I have stated over and over in other threads, I dont know why people whine about not having 4.3. It is soooo buggy. Be glad you dont have it. My wifes is on 4.3.1 and I will upgrade hers tonight to 4.3.2hoping it solves some bugs. Until it does, I'm not upgrading mine.

I can live without it, assuming we do indeed get iOS 5 and bring us up to parity. I was fine waiting, just looking for acknowledgement, until recently. When I was in the Apple Store this weekend, I asked why I could no longer send email from my @mac.com address, (as opposed to @me.com).

They told me I needed to upgrade to 4.3.x. When I stated I was on a Verizon iPhone, they told me I would have to set it up manually, as opposed to the default MobileMe setup on the iPhone. This causes me to lose Push and resort to Fetch. Again, minor, but it is a loss of functionality that their solution is to upgrade, yet I can't.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Its really a small upgrade IMHO. Small stuff. The nitro browser is nice though but I can live without the new stuff. I just want my phone to work properly at all times.

I can live without it, assuming we do indeed get iOS 5 and bring us up to parity. I was fine waiting, just looking for acknowledgement, until recently. When I was in the Apple Store this weekend, I asked why I could no longer send email from my @mac.com address, (as opposed to @me.com).

They told me I needed to upgrade to 4.3.x. When I stated I was on a Verizon iPhone, they told me I would have to set it up manually, as opposed to the default MobileMe setup on the iPhone. This causes me to lose Push and resort to Fetch. Again, minor, but it is a loss of functionality that their solution is to upgrade, yet I can't.

I can understand that

Ethan_E

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I've been whatevered about not having 4.3 from the start of it's release for gsm phones. It's starting to turn into the same nonsense that happened/happens with Android phones:

" Oh, you have the (hardware model) with (carrier). You can't have this version with these features... sorry. "

And there is a major reason to want a jailbreak version of 4.3.x = mirroring.

saberahul

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Only problem I face is that many new apps now require 4.3. I have tried downloading at least 3 applications that were on sale according to appshopper (i install and then delete when it's free so I own it for no charge and if I ever need it again I can download for free) and most of them said you need 4.3 to download and install. I had to do it on my computer then using iTunes but it's kind of annoying.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
when you update do you lose your app data? I have like 8 games in Words With Friends and if I update will I lose all my info in those games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative