What's the average iphone restore process??

.BlackB3rry.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how long this takes? I've had it going for a good 30mns still saying "restoring iphone firmware". This is actually an improvement from all the error codes I was getting on my first few attempts about 5mns into it (errors 1015, 1611 ). Got around those by googling some solutions but now it's stuck with the white apple logo and the progress bar at about 2/3 of the process. Should I leave it alone or just do it over. I read some say 20mns, others up to 3hrs!!! I'm confused here.

I got less than 2g worth of media on itunes; as far as apps it says 99 apps, probably 20 or so were on the iphone. Will I know when the synching starts so I can abort that part or it's all done in one shot during this boot logo?

I have about 3hrs before I leave for work, would really suck if I have to leave the phone behind.

Thanks.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I have ton of data. About 6GB of Photos/Video and 7 GB of Apps. My entire restore process from start to finish took 2 hours.

.BlackB3rry.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys forgot to update here. Soon as I posted it stopped and gave me error code 1013. Read about it and proceeded to delete some stuff in the host file but to no avail, still stuck!
Any idea??

lmittell

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, restore fails for me unless I shut down my firewall. I'm running Win 7, BTW. I think with a little research one could find what ports need to to be opened so that your firewall need not be shut down. I'm too lazy to do that, to my discredit.

Larry

Reactions: .BlackB3rry.

.BlackB3rry.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Imittelllllllllllllll !!!!!!! Thankssssssssssssss!!!!! Man You're a life saver, lol. Was just about to give up after close to 4hrs now and go to work when I checked back on this thread. I was like what the hell, let me disable my firewall then if that could solve it lol ( Im on Vista ), and it worked. Thanks a million!!!!

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If you already have the firmware downloaded, about 10-15 minutes including the syncs. If not it depends on your internet speed.

lmittell

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Imittelllllllllllllll !!!!!!! Thankssssssssssssss!!!!! Man You're a life saver, lol. Was just about to give up after close to 4hrs now and go to work when I checked back on this thread. I was like what the hell, let me disable my firewall then if that could solve it lol ( Im on Vista ), and it worked. Thanks a million!!!!
Happy to be of help and really glad it worked. I know firsthand how frustrating it is to have what has the appearance of a bricked phone.

Maybe I'll get off my duff and find out what ports need to be opened so the firewall doesn't have to be disabled.

Larry

lmittell

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here's the info from Apple's website regarding ports that need to be open:

Open the proper ports and allow access to Apple servers

During the update and restore process, iTunes needs to contact Apple. Ensure that your computer has the following ports open and can access these servers:

* Port 80
* Port 443
* phobos.apple.com, albert.apple.com, gs.apple.com

Note that whenever your software is communicating with a secure connection over the Internet, it is critical that your computer's date and time are correct.

If you see "Error 9807", you must open access to the following VeriSign servers:

* evintl-ocsp.verisign.com
* evsecure-ocsp.verisign.com

To learn how to open your network to access the VeriSign servers, refer to your router, firewall, or security software documentation.

If you are using a Windows operating system, you can follow this article to help resolve issues caused by third-party security software.

You may need to update, properly configure, disable, or uninstall built-in firewalls and other security software to prevent interference with iTunes. For assistance with this, contact the company that supports the firewall or security software you use. If you are using proxy settings, try to restore or update without using a proxy.

Port 80 can be problematic, since most ISPs block it.

Larry