New Iphone4 Vs Refurbished one??

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
my new one broke and apple sent me a new phone. cant tell if it is new or refurbished what should i do? they told me they were going to send me a new phone but it didnt come in the actual box you would get at the phone store. should i be worried? any experience with this or opinions thanks.

marine2149

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
:)

I've never had any problems with anything that was refurbished. Most refurb items pretty much good as new and work like it too. Especially if it's a refurb item from Apple. you shouldn't have anything to worry about :)

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
the thing about it is that i don't know if it is refurbed or new. i still cannot tell. my old phone that i bought new had a serial number starting with c37 and the one they sent me has a serial number starting with c38 any thoughts?

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
No clue if it is refurbished by the serial number. I can tell you Apple has great reputation with their refurbished items if you did get one. They replace glass, back case, and battery no matter what according to their website(I am pretty sure it was those 3 parts). Plus refurbished doesn't always mean it was a problem unit, it could be a return from someone that didn't want it within the first 30 days. I have bought their refurbs from their site with no problem, and most likely they would have sent you one if you did this through them. Don't worry, refurbs have a better quality control than new ones anyways.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
the thing about it is that i don't know if it is refurbed or new. i still cannot tell. my old phone that i bought new had a serial number starting with c37 and the one they sent me has a serial number starting with c38 any thoughts?

Usually when they say "new" phone then it usually doesn't mean brand new - it just means new to you so it could be refurbished. This is usually also contractually agreed upon - i.e. the warranty says that you could get a refurbished phone.

The refurbished phone very well should be just as good as new and is under the same warranty protection.

Take a few deep breaths and enjoy the phone.

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My fiance's 3GS had some battery issues. They sent her another one in a box unlike the one you get from the store when you sign up for a new contract. In my opinion, it was new, but it could have been a refurb. No matter though, it is just as good as a new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal