Email problem

Nytngale

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Tonite, my iPhone has suddenly started giving me the message that it cannot retrieve email because the password or username is incorrect. I have rechecked everything and re-entered my password in the mail settings. What is interesting is that I did not make any changes or edits to the settings to begin with and no one else has had any access to my iPhone. I tried rebooting and that did not help either. Anyone have any ideas? I am not the best at setting up email accounts, but don't get what is going on since I didn't make any changes to start with. I logged into my email account on my computer using my usual username and password without any difficulty. I am so frustrated that I cannot figure this out! :mad: All help appreciated!

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Tonite, my iPhone has suddenly started giving me the message that it cannot retrieve email because the password or username is incorrect. I have rechecked everything and re-entered my password in the mail settings. What is interesting is that I did not make any changes or edits to the settings to begin with and no one else has had any access to my iPhone. I tried rebooting and that did not help either. Anyone have any ideas? I am not the best at setting up email accounts, but don't get what is going on since I didn't make any changes to start with. I logged into my email account on my computer using my usual username and password without any difficulty. I am so frustrated that I cannot figure this out! :mad: All help appreciated!

What e-mail provider are you using? GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, something else?

apallatto#IM

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me also. It was for my college email address, so I just got fed up and setup my college email address to be forwarded to my primary email. I couldn't find a solution myself.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i've found this to be an issue when using Google's exchange services, once in a while when i try to check my mail when in very low or no signal.

the phone also told me my passwords for my CalDAV settings were wrong too..

i just hit cancel on all the password requests, and when i moved to an area with better signal, the error did not return.

Nytngale

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all for the help. Turned out to be an issue with my email provider. After posting tried signing on from laptop (should have done this first before posting - duh!) and encountered the same issues. Problem resolved itself. Thanks again, this is always forum is always a great resource.

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been having this problem too. I have only had my iphone for a week. After I restart the phone it works as it should.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods