New to Apple [HELP]

pokeberry

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks, i'm new to this forum. :)
I'm a blackberry guy as of now but soon shifting to i4 ;)
I wanted to know about the refurb iPhone4. I stay in India & I can order the phone from friends living in U.S.
The only thing i wanted to know was, is it worth buying a refurb iP4 ? I know those are the defected ones which are repaired and put on sale but i have no clue how these phones work. How much would the 32gb iP4 cost ? Any reviews and help appreciated..

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to TiPB! I dont know how much it would cost in india though, but iphone 4 is awesome, and refurbished is like brand new

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
A refurb was returned for a problem. Maybe a bad battery, bad screen, overheating...something. They claim to have fixed it and I am sure it went through some testing, but you never know. I'd never buy a refurb unless it was just an iPod.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Me personally I don?t like buying refurb anything. I?m not a fan of owning used items. But to answer your question a refurb can be anything from a broken device that was fixed, a defective device, or it could even be a used device that has nothing wrong with it and someone just returned it because the iPhone wasn?t for them and they exchanged it for something else. My guess would be that it would work and possibly have zero issues with it, or you could get a iPhone that has issues. It?s basically a 50/50 shot your are taking on buying refurb.

Last edited:

pokeberry

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply guys, about the refurb phones.. are they available freely or there is a waiting list sort of thing ? and how much would an iPhone4 32gb cost in american $ ? approx.. ?

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
To me refurbs are better in some ways, New items tend to not be inspected as closely, while a refurb has a more in depth quality check. Personally I always buy new, but have considered refurb for this thought