Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any issues with mywi and vzw?

Has anyone who is using this seen any issues with vzw? Years ago I did something similar with another phone and vzw started charging me for tethering.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using it for a month and didn't get charged on my most recent billing cycle. I only use it when not in range of wifi or other 'emergencies', so don't have too much use. I don't expect VZW will have any problem with my modest usage. I believe AT&T went after people tethering and using many gigabytes of bandwidth, not the few hundred i've been using.
    iPhone Newbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive tried it from time to time and no problems but i did notice it using data by itself not sure what thats about so i deleted it
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. When I first got the iPhone I did not think I would have any reason to tether. Soon after, however, I fell in love with iOS. One thing lead to another and now I have a beautiful iPad 2 WiFi. I'm so proud. XD I doubt it would happen often, but I can foresee the need to tether for the iPad from time to time. Not nearly enough to justify what VZW wants.

That brings up a whole other issue. How much would you be willing to pay for a prepaid tether pass? I could see where carriers could setup a system that would allow customers, like me, to tether for a preset period of time. $2 for 1 day up to 100MB. $5 for 1 day up to 500MB. $10 for 1 week, up to 2GB. Would anyone else be more willing to pay the carrier for tethering like this?

e_t
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edit_text View Post
    Thanks for the input. When I first got the iPhone I did not think I would have any reason to tether. Soon after, however, I fell in love with iOS. One thing lead to another and now I have a beautiful iPad 2 WiFi. I'm so proud. XD I doubt it would happen often, but I can foresee the need to tether for the iPad from time to time. Not nearly enough to justify what VZW wants.

That brings up a whole other issue. How much would you be willing to pay for a prepaid tether pass? I could see where carriers could setup a system that would allow customers, like me, to tether for a preset period of time. $2 for 1 day up to 100MB. $5 for 1 day up to 500MB. $10 for 1 week, up to 2GB. Would anyone else be more willing to pay the carrier for tethering like this?

e_t
    Im willing to pay once for my data. No reason for them to charge twice