Wireless streaming from iPhone to sound system

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Is anyone using a good wireless connection to stream from their iPod ( or iPhone/iPad) to a high end sound system? Sine going the MP3 route, I find that It't not always convenient to plug my iPhone into my sound system. If I get a call, it's not right next to me. So...what are my options and which have the best sound? Since, for now I sync with one of my office PC's, my music doesn't reside on a home machine.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna say Ape TV. It only costs $99 and I usually connect to it from my laptop and control my playlist on my laptop from my phone.

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Use your iphone remote App, to connect to your itunes on your laptop, to tell it to stream music to your additional "wireless speakers" using airplay, or use wireless airport extreme and plug that into your hifi. It works brilliantly

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Lookup the airport extreme, that what it does, wireless(not bluetooth) stream from laptop to your hifi.

I think you mean the airport express. It will allow you to plug in a pair or computer speakers (I use them with a pair of M-Audio Monitor speakers and they sound great) to your wireless network. To listen through my home entertainment system, I use an Apple TV... a couple more steps to get it going, but I can listen through the better system. These are both Wi-Fi options. I don't know of a bluetooth option that's not built-in.

yanks19

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
if you're looking strictly bluetooth, the blackberry stereo gateway works well. i have one in my car and use it all the time. should work just fine with an RCA cable hookup and power via mini USB to the device.

Having said that, both appleTV and airport express will offer the same functionality over wifi using airplay from your phone AND you get additional benefits of those devices on top of that.

edit: just to clarify, airplay can stream directly from your phone to the appleTV/APX

Last edited:

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I bought a Griffin BlueTrip (readily available on eBay and Amazon). It's connected to my NAD home sound system and it's working quite well. The Bluetooth stream is compressed so the sound isn't quite as good as listening via direct connection, but all things considered it's not a bad compromise. I'd guess that the average listener will not notice the less than optimal sound.

AppsImpact

Banned
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Another alternative is WiFi2HiFi app - free download here
WiFi2HiFi Station acts like an additional audio output on your computer. This allows the application to provide streaming support for all popular audio programs on the Mac and PC.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Griffin BlueTrip (readily available on eBay and Amazon). It's connected to my NAD home sound system and it's working quite well. The Bluetooth stream is compressed so the sound isn't quite as good as listening via direct connection, but all things considered it's not a bad compromise. I'd guess that the average listener will not notice the less than optimal sound.

i don't know why you'd want BT. It doesn't have enough bandwidth to carry most audio formats in real time.

I would have agreed to above recommendations and say get apple tv... it has optical out and you can plug in your receiver if it supports optical if not then go directly to your dac.

Then you can use airplay to stream music to it via wifi.

If no wifi is avail you can use airport with opitcal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73