New to Apple and a couple of questions...

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all! Last month I switched over from Blackberry to Apple and really couldn't be happier. I was a member of the Crackberry forum so I do know I should search the forums before asking questions, and I have, but I see many different conflicting opinions. It's some basic stuff.

1. I want to jailbreak the phone but basically only so I can do the unlimited tethering. After I jailbreak the phone if something happens, is it hard to "unbrick" the phone?

2. Is it beneficial to close out apps for increased battery life? With Blackberry this was extremely important but I have read some things on the internet and this forum that states the apps with Apple aren't really running in the background. They are almost in a state of hibernation I saw described. Also, I don't see on the Apple page where it recommends to do this to help battery life.

3. Is charging the phone daily bad? I know with the blackberry I could plug it in whenever and it was fine. Do I need to worry about damaging the battery or creating "memory"?

4. Also I see that Apple recommends truning off location services with apps. I guess this goes back to if the apps are actually open in the background or not. If they are not open what would the benefit be? I like opening an app like Poynt and having it know where I am. Beneficial for obvious reasons.

Thanks for reading and any input is MUCH appreciated! :)

David

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re #1 - just plug into computer, and in iTunes, do the option to restore to factory - that will get you back to a pre-jailbreak state.

#2 - Read the battery sticky here in the forum.

#3 - Another one that is answered in the battery sticky thread.

#4 - I think they're suggesting that for maximum battery life - but if you want to use Poynt, with location services, and have it running - do it.

And welcome to the wonderful world of iOS & Apple.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
1. Nope

2. Nope

3. Nope, but apple recommends letting the battery fully drain and the fully recharge at least once per month.

4. What he ^^^^ said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice