Exchange stopped pushing suddenly, anyone else?

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had no problems with my verizon iPhone pushing my Gmail account which is set up as an exchange account until tonight. I receive a high volume of emails and up until tonight the have been delivered nearly instantaneously. I deleted and re added the account, and then restored my phone, but this did not fix the problem. All of my exchange settings are correct and push is set to on. Curiously, I also have exchange set up on my iPod touch, and that is also no longer working. If I manually pull, the emails come in. Any suggestions? I wonder it there is some sort of an outage, and am curious if anyone else is experiencing this. Since it is occurring on both devices, and there was not problem before I can't imagine how to fix this. Help please.

IMF

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
This seems to happen from time to time with gmail on the iPhone. Push seems to stop working for a few days and then starts again. It never seems to affect everyone at the same time. Mine is working well right now.

As a fallback, you can use the google search app which uses push notifications to get a badge on its icon. This app has been fairly reliable.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had no problems with my verizon iPhone pushing my Gmail account which is set up as an exchange account until tonight. I receive a high volume of emails and up until tonight the have been delivered nearly instantaneously. I deleted and re added the account, and then restored my phone, but this did not fix the problem. All of my exchange settings are correct and push is set to on. Curiously, I also have exchange set up on my iPod touch, and that is also no longer working. If I manually pull, the emails come in. Any suggestions? I wonder it there is some sort of an outage, and am curious if anyone else is experiencing this. Since it is occurring on both devices, and there was not problem before I can't imagine how to fix this. Help please.

I too, never had any problems since Day One with the phone, and experienced the same problem a few days ago with my ViP4.

I powered the phone down, waited ~30 sec., then powered it back up. That seemed to do the trick.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner