Home Button Becoming Sticky??

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i have had the iphone4 for about 2 months now. Has anyone noticed their home button becoming a little sticky when pushing it down? it works completely fine but i notice at times when i push the button down you almost hear a sticky noise but other times when i do it, its perfect fine. any opinions? thanks

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I mean yes. When I hit the side more I hear more of the sticky sound like I dropped juice in their or something. But no type of liquid has come near the phone. It's weird though because at times it seems completey fine. No sticky noise at all but once I put it down for a little or take it into a colder area I sort of hear the noise again

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
this button is getting annoying being sticky. i dont know what to do. i called apple and they told me they would send me a replacement but it most likely will be a refurbished one and will not be brand new one out of the box. i just dont know about refurbished phones. they obviously have been used before. i want to go to an apple store and see what they say but the closest one is 3 hours away. what should i do??!!

Bryk

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
this button is getting annoying being sticky. i dont know what to do. i called apple and they told me they would send me a replacement but it most likely will be a refurbished one and will not be brand new one out of the box. i just dont know about refurbished phones. they obviously have been used before. i want to go to an apple store and see what they say but the closest one is 3 hours away. what should i do??!!

take a breathe bro haha.... refurbs actually aren't bad at all they pretty much look brand new, but I know how u feel kinda weird on it. the apple store should be able to fix it at the store easily, call them and make an appointment tho cuz they can get overly crowded, if you don't wanna make the 3 hour trip than your stuck between 2 choices, go with the refurb, or buy an iPhone kit and take the home button out and check to make sure there's nothing in there, the home screen button is very easy to remove and put back but you must be very very careful... my advice? bite the bullet, make some good cd's and take the 3 hour apple store trip. I just also love a day at the apple store

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Refurb from Apple IS brand new. They literally replace any part of the phone that isn't perfect. There is no point making a fuss over a refurbished model.

Mk4Jetta

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If it sounds kind of like a click/creaking sound when you tap the button without fully pressing the button, then this was what happened with my first iPhone. First one was replaced by apple and then it started doing it with the replacement. It annoyed me so much. I decided to try something and it actually worked, it has not made a sound since. I sprayed WD-40 on a paper towel and dabbed my finger on the soaked part of the towel. Then I rubbed around the edge of the button with my finger and pressed down on it to get it in there better. You dont want too much though. Give it a try if you want.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Refurb from Apple IS brand new. They literally replace any part of the phone that isn't perfect. There is no point making a fuss over a refurbished model.

Pretty much. Refurbs basically have new housings and displays on them. They go through as rigorous testing as new phones. If not, better.

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
True, my friend got a refurb iphone 3gs from apple and it was like brand new, not a dent, scratch or anything on it and nothing was wrong with it

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I have sort of the same problem but...
Sometimes my button won't click, it just feels kinda mushy and it won't perform an action (go to home/open background apps) or sometimes double clicks when I only did a single click. This happens a few times a week. I took it to the Apple store last week and the Genious told me I shouldn't have so many and certain kinds of apps open all the time (like Facebook) that take memory. Ok, fine I said I would keep my apps to a minimum. After four days it had still happened a few more time. I just went back to the Apple store and the same guy help me. He said he would try to clean the button with compressed air. I asked what I should do if this continues to happen. He said that since it can't be replicated in-store, he couldn't help me. Since this problem only happens a few times a week my concern is that it will steadily get worse but by the time it fails it will be out of warranty. What should I do?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77