Delayed Texts was taking 40 minutes, now 3 minutes

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
ok so since saturday texts to my fiance and myself were taking 30-60 minutes to go through and be received.
AT&T put in new sim card last night and text to myself still took 38 minutes.
Today they were taking 12 minutes this morning and now taking 2-3 minutes and texts to fiance taking same amount of time.

AT&T said it could be antennae problems and to go to apple for replacement.

My question is will Apple even do anything now that texts are taking 3 minutes as opposed to 12-30 minutes?

Should I even bother going in?

Anyone else having texting issues with AT&T?

Thanks

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
ok so since saturday texts to my fiance and myself were taking 30-60 minutes to go through and be received.
AT&T put in new sim card last night and text to myself still took 38 minutes.
Today they were taking 12 minutes this morning and now taking 2-3 minutes and texts to fiance taking same amount of time.

AT&T said it could be antennae problems and to go to apple for replacement.

My question is will Apple even do anything now that texts are taking 3 minutes as opposed to 12-30 minutes?

Should I even bother going in?

Anyone else having texting issues with AT&T?

Thanks

Just tell them your texts are delayed. Anything longer than seconds is a problem. They will replace your phone.

Reactions: RIPNHL2005

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No problems here but I highly doubt it's a hardware issue. More than likely a carrier issue that will correct itself on it's own. Give it a few days.

Reactions: RIPNHL2005

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Well now I'm getting my texts within 10 seconds of sending them...I don't know WTF happened between Saturday morning and now but now it seems to be working fine. New sim card and all.

Thanks anyway!!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No problems here but I highly doubt it's a hardware issue. More than likely a carrier issue that will correct itself on it's own. Give it a few days.

agreed. i had an issue back in december to where is was getting back-to back-to back-to back-to back texts at a time.. like they accumulated and then came all at once!

turned out it was indeed a network issue, which corrected itself within a couple of days :mad:

Mrf

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a lot of issues with txt and mms messages the last couple of days.

Today it took 5 hours before I received an mms I had a coworker send me. Tonight I tried getting an automated txt reply and still not received after an hour

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've been having a lot of issues with txt and mms messages the last couple of days.

Today it took 5 hours before I received an mms I had a coworker send me. Tonight I tried getting an automated txt reply and still not received after an hour

Since AT&T started allowing MMS on iPhone I've been having trouble with them. They always take forever to send, and sometimes they never get sent. I sometimes have to send MMS's three or four times before they finally go through.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Since AT&T started allowing MMS on iPhone I've been having trouble with them. They always take forever to send, and sometimes they never get sent. I sometimes have to send MMS's three or four times before they finally go through.

its probably just EDGE, it's slow, that's normal.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW