Calendar event for multiple calendars

apallatto#IM

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
In the iPhone calendar app when you add an event it lets you choose what calendar you want that event for. Is there any way to add that event to multiple calendars or would you just have to do two events seperatly?

P.S. I already tried searching and found plenty of information on syncing multiple calendars but not for what I am looking for.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can... and I'm trying to imagine a situation where that would be necessary in the first place.

What exactly are you trying to do? All of my events fall into one category or another... family, work, church, general, medical... I have calendars set up for my wife for her work, her general, etc... if it's something that we both need to know about/attend, it goes in FAMILY... otherwise, it goes were it fits best.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can... and I'm trying to imagine a situation where that would be necessary in the place.

+1 Agreed, there really isn't a need, if you could do that the event would show up in your calendar 2,3,4,5 times, depending on the amount of calendars you have..

apallatto#IM

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think you could. I was curious to see if I could add something to my iPhone calendar and my msn calendar, not realizing that if I just add it to my msn calendar I would be able to see it on both.

quicky2g

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I have a legitimate use for an event in multiple calendars...

I keep my work and personal calendars separate. I have information on my personal calendar that I'd rather keep private from work.

I'm going to training in a month. I want to put the training event on my work calendar (Microsoft Exchange maintained by my employer) and my personal calendar (Gmail Exchange). I'd like to manage the event from one place (my iPhone). I'll be able to make sure I don't accidentally make a work or personal appointment when I'm looking at either calendar individually. For example, If someone sends me an invite for just Gmail or Exchange and I'm not looking at it on my iPhone, I'll have the information on each calendar so I don't overbook myself...but I'll still have the iPhone to manage the event from one location if I need to change times or details. This way I'm not managing the event from multiple locations and accidentally goof something up.

boombaddis

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact scenario / request. I want to create an event and chose which calendar(s) it appears on. Let's say I am taking a client to a White Sox game... I want it to appear on my Gmail calendar that my wife and I share as well as my Exchange calendar that I use for work. I don't want to have to create two separate calendar entries (one for my wife and one for work). It is redundant, as are the alerts. Boom.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
But if you have both work and personal calendars linked in the calendar app if you put it in one you'll be able to see both. I have a work and personal calendar for that exact reason and look at both calendars at the same time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354105087.745283.jpg

For example, the blue event is my personal calendar so my wife knows when I work and my yellow event is work that she doesn't care about.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

iNeophyte

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I see a need for this. I like being able to see personal events entered into iPhone, and work events pulled in from my work Outlook, on my single iPhone calendar.

But here's the paradox:

- If I leave my job, my employer shuts down my Outlook account, and all my work events dissappear from my iPhone. Some of these events may not actually be personal, say, travel to a trade conference to give a presentation, but very much oriented around my work. If I leave my job, these events should continue to exist, as I would like to take them with me to my next job.

- But if I change, in my iPhone, those work events to personal events, they dissappear from my Outlook at work.

The only way to do this is to duplicate all my work events in my work Outlook, then go to my iPhone and change one of them to personal. But that really junks up my iPhone calendar.

will8

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi - not sure if anyone was able to advise on this.
I have a similar problem - I want to have a separate calendar for each member of my family (me, husband and our 3 kids). There are some events that either my husband or I take 1, 2 or 3 kids to, and at the moment I end up entering the one event up to 5 times. My husband may want to see what he's expected to do on the family calendar and I want to be able to just select his calendar and it will have all his events on it (not the ones I'm taking the kids to). Same for me and the 3 kids - I want to be able to select boy1's calendar and it will have everything out of school he's going to etc. If one event is for 4 people and I don't put it in 4 times, I can no longer look up individual calendars and print/see what that person has on quickly.
W

Dawn Schemper

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
In my family I have each kid a calendar and that is shared with them. I also have a home one that is shared with extended family. Now if the two girls have a gym meet on a certain day I have to put the event in three times so each person gets it. I would love to be able to "tag" the event to my home calendar, Kid1 calendar, and kid2 calendar instead of making three events that all can see. I would love to see this advancement.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
In my family I have each kid a calendar and that is shared with them. I also have a home one that is shared with extended family. Now if the two girls have a gym meet on a certain day I have to put the event in three times so each person gets it. I would love to be able to "tag" the event to my home calendar, Kid1 calendar, and kid2 calendar instead of making three events that all can see. I would love to see this advancement.

You could enter it once and add both kids as invitees to the event.

Lina P

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Cozi has this ability, you can check how many calendars each event pertains to. For example each of my kids have their own calendar and different activities. Occasionally 2 of them have the same activity and its much easier to check both of their names than to add event twice. This way my husband knows who has what and when. I had issues with cozi crashing so would love it if this could be possible on iPhones calendar.

islandbeagle

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
You could enter it once and add both kids as invitees to the event.

Brilliant suggestion! I keep two calendars (work and personal) and share each with different people. Some of the events I want on both calendars but don't want to create two events. Now using my work calendar as the master and inviting myself (personal email) to events I want to show on both. Thanks for that simple insight! Sometimes it's the obvious that eludes us.... ;-)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I do this today using Fantasical and the copy feature. My wife and I share an iCloud calendar and at times some of the appointments need to be on my Exchange calendar to block out my schedule.

I copy the cal and then mark it Private in Outlook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro