Few questions about buying Verizon iPhone 4
1. Is it too late to buy the iPhone 4 from Verizon. I know Apple usually releases a new one every year around the same time and with it almost being April, Im wondering if I should just wait to buy the iPhone 5?
2. Is there a proper way to "calibrate" the battery? I am almost dead set on picking up the iPhone and was just curious.
- 03-27-2011, 01:05 AM #2
1. There is no answer to this. If you want it buy it, If you wanna wait then wait, It doesn't matter what others think. Also an exact yearly release date is never guaranteed.
2. Apple recommends fully charging a new iPhone and then letting it completely drain until it shuts off then fully charge it again. Apple also recommend that you do this about once per month.
- 03-27-2011, 09:28 AM #3
- 03-27-2011, 10:42 AM #4
I agree with both here. There is ALWAYS going to be something newer, faster, and better. If we all waited, we would have nothing. The ip4 was a huge upgrade in terms of the iPhone lineup IMO. Get it and you will not be disappointed. I will forever be an iPhone user, they got me...
- 03-27-2011, 11:29 AM #5
- 03-27-2011, 12:33 PM #6
- 03-29-2011, 09:50 AM #7
- 03-29-2011, 10:27 AM #8
Well, you have the option of going the Best Buy route and getting the "Buy Back" plan. Depending on the purchase date, they will give you a percentage of the retail price of the phone if you want to sell it back to them. Ex; 6 months = 50% of retail.
- 03-29-2011, 03:03 PM #9
- 03-29-2011, 05:48 PM #10
- 03-31-2011, 12:58 PM #11iPhone Beginner
- 98 Posts
My wife and I took the plunge because we were tired of our Storm2s having slow internet and sometimes just slowing down or locking up. Very frustrating! We just wanted a smartphone without these issues and the iPhone4 fit the bill. An added surprise was much better reception than our Storm2s. I would agree with a lot of the comments above regarding it's your personal choice. Personally, wouldn't feel sick if iPhone5 comes out this summer or late fall. The iPhone4 is way better than what we have and my wife and I feel was and still is the best choice on Verizon. Just keep in mind that the risk you take in waiting is that Verizon may do away with the unlimited data plans for new data customers.
- 04-01-2011, 07:05 AM #12
I also came from a BB Storm2 and couldn't be happier with my iP4. I got so fed up with the BB that I just wanted a phone that worked and that's what I got. No more battery pulls...no more lag...it just works. I have an android tablet but didn't want to jump on an android phone right now.
- 04-01-2011, 11:03 AM #14
- 04-03-2011, 02:56 PM #16
- 04-03-2011, 03:09 PM #17
- 04-09-2011, 02:51 AM #18