My (-) button stopped working =/

diegoeatspandas#IM

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
What do I do? Sometimes it works around after 10 tries but it doesn't have that satisfying click. If I take it to apple would they replace it or do they only do software problems? I haven't dropped it and my phone doesn't even have a scratch. I also have an invisishield on it, do I have to buy another one if I were able to trade it in? That would suck. What are my options?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Your what button???? If any button doesn't work, Apple will give you a new iPhone. Make a genius bar appt or you may be turned away.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The bottom volume button lol. Okay, I'll make an appointment! :) Hopefully they do exchange it out. We will see, i'm going today!

lol ok. Words are much better than computer art ;) Yes if the button isnt working properly, they will give you a new one. Thats is obviously not a software bug and is hardware

Mk4Jetta

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just take the invisible shield off before you hand your phone over, you can get a free replacement but you need to mail them your old one.

diegoeatspandas#IM

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thats is obviously not a software bug and is hardware

Yeah, I know it's a hardware problem, but I was under the impression that they only replaced phones with software problems, since if you drop your phone and break the display they won't swap it out. My appointment is in an hour. I'll be there in a bit! :D

Just take the invisible shield off before you hand your phone over, you can get a free replacement but you need to mail them your old one.

If theres an invisible shield stand at my local mall would I be able to take it there?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I know it's a hardware problem, but I was under the impression that they only replaced phones with software problems, since if you drop your phone and break the display they won't swap it out. My appointment is in an hour. I'll be there in a bit! :D

If theres an invisible shield stand at my local mall would I be able to take it there?

Apple has great customer service. Unless their are signs of abuse, they will give you another. They don't exchange phones for software issues because a restore will fix that or new software update.

And yes you can go to a invisible shield stand. You will just have to pay for reinstall of the new one.

Brianv1980#IM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That is good news my iphone has been in an otterbox defender since day 3 and the same thing the (-) button no longer works.... i have an apt for thursday

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You only get a free replacement if something went wrong with the shield, so make sure you say their is a nick or something in it as that should not happen and warrants a replacement. That's at least with my experience a couple years ago, may have changed since then.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You only get a free replacement if something went wrong with the shield, so make sure you say their is a nick or something in it as that should not happen and warrants a replacement. That's at least with my experience a couple years ago, may have changed since then.

You can get a replacement just because it peeled. They can say one it peeled, they took it all the way off.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You can get a replacement just because it peeled. They can say one it peeled, they took it all the way off.

Good point, that should work as well. Just wanted to make sure he didn't just go in and say he got a new phone and needs a new one.