Losing the feel

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the extended battery but even without it it lasted the whole day, which my iphone doesnt

I find this odd. I just gave up the droid life. I had an Dinc, Samsung Fascinate and lastly the thunderbolt. None of those phones even come close to having the battery life. I took back the Tbolt and got the iphone because i had to charge it from dead 3-4 times a day.

I did enjoy droids, but being a mac owner made it a little tough, owning a droid.

I am on my phone all day (i work 12 hour shifts) and i try to kill the battery on my iphone. Actually managed to drain it to 17% today. I have several push apps, jailbroken and wifi is on all day, but there is no wifi access.

This is just a suggestion, but charge your phone to full and do a restore. Being that iphones and droids have simular base operating systems, maybe that will reset the battery stats. You also could have a defective battery, if so, maybe take it back and do an exchange.

Hope this helps.

zugkcin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Alright so i unplugges it today around 10am, texted alot, played a few games, used some apps and whatnot. Now it died around 11:40. Normal? I also have liveprofile installed, does that kill battery?

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I hear you man! I came to iPhone 4 from the Droid X and I must say, while the Retina is absolutely stunning, I wish it was larger and still stunning. I really miss the large screen! I also just CANT STAND the iOS notification system any longer! It is absolutely killing me! Using LockInfo and MobileNotifier which helps the issue somewhat but is still not the solution. The Android notifications system was wonderful and I didn't appreciate it until it was gone. It was one of those things that you just don't appreciate it until its gone! It was definitely one thing (of quite a few) Android did, and did damn good! I wish it was possible to have multiple phones and switch them up based on how I felt that day! If that ever happens, my life will become just a bit more complete. :)

zugkcin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I hear you man! I came to iPhone 4 from the Droid X and I must say, while the Retina is absolutely stunning, I wish it was larger and still stunning. I really miss the large screen! I also just CANT STAND the iOS notification system any longer! It is absolutely killing me! Using LockInfo and MobileNotifier which helps the issue somewhat but is still not the solution. The Android notifications system was wonderful and I didn't appreciate it until it was gone. It was one of those things that you just don't appreciate it until its gone! It was definitely one thing (of quite a few) Android did, and did damn good! I wish it was possible to have multiple phones and switch them up based on how I felt that day! If that ever happens, my life will become just a bit more complete. :)

Haha yeah i know what youre saying. And you could just call the number and activate each phone whenver you want

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Alright so i unplugges it today around 10am, texted alot, played a few games, used some apps and whatnot. Now it died around 11:40. Normal? I also have liveprofile installed, does that kill battery?

Something is wrong with your iPhone clearly.

You need to restore it and see if that happens without the jailbreak. If it does then you need to get it replaced. If it doesn't you should figure out what you added with the jailbreak that is eating up your battery. Any phone should last far longer than an hour and 40 minutes.

I played infinity blade for 3 hours yesterday total and when I plugged my iPhone in at bed time I had 20% battery life remaining. That doesn't include all the other stuff I did yesterday.

zugkcin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Something is wrong with your iPhone clearly.

You need to restore it and see if that happens without the jailbreak. If it does then you need to get it replaced. If it doesn't you should figure out what you added with the jailbreak that is eating up your battery. Any phone should last far longer than an hour and 40 minutes.

I played infinity blade for 3 hours yesterday total and when I plugged my iPhone in at bed time I had 20% battery life remaining. That doesn't include all the other stuff I did yesterday.

I thought it was pretty obvious that it i meant 11:40PM

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's just me...but I'm kinda tired of these convince me to keep my phone threads. If u don't like ur phone sell it and stop complaining. The good people on these forums are offering good advice and it's still not good enough. not sure what else we can do, not all phones work for everyone.

zugkcin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's just me...but I'm kinda tired of these convince me to keep my phone threads. If u don't like ur phone sell it and stop complaining. The good people on these forums are offering good advice and it's still not good enough. not sure what else we can do, not all phones work for everyone.

What are you talking about? I didnt complain once.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i am looking at getting an iphone. what does everyone mean when they say the notifications are bad on it?

thanks for your help

Most notifications involve a pop-up. Now if you don't get that many notifications, it probably won't be an issue, but if you get a lot:

1) It gets in the way of what you're doing. (I've had it pop up while my phone was ringing, on more than one occasion).

2) You can't do anything until you take care of the pop-up. (Especially a problem when your phone is ringing).

3) Usually your only two options are view or close.

4) If you close, the notification is gone. So if you dismiss a notification by hitting close, well its gone. So if you forget, you could have just missed out on something important.

5) Multiple notifications can pop up on TOP of each other. So if you get three notifications within a few seconds, you'll have three pop ups to take care of before you can do anything else.

Reactions: robomav

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
4) If you close, the notification is gone. So if you dismiss a notification by hitting close, well its gone. So if you forget, you could have just missed out on something important.

For me this one is the worst. There are times where I don't have the time to go and take care of what ever the notification is telling me about, so the only other option is to hit close so that I can continue with what I was doing. Now once I'm finished with what I was doing there is no way for me to go back and try to see what that notification was all about. Once you hit close, it's gone.

There needs to be a way to make it just go to the background to be taken care of later, or at least a separate notifications type app that shows you all your previous notifications similar to the recents tab in the phone app.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
For me this one is the worst. There are times where I don't have the time to go and take care of what ever the notification is telling me about, so the only other option is to hit close so that I can continue with what I was doing. Now once I'm finished with what I was doing there is no way for me to go back and try to see what that notification was all about. Once you hit close, it's gone.

There needs to be a way to make it just go to the background to be taken care of later, or at least a separate notifications type app that shows you all your previous notifications similar to the recents tab in the phone app.

Hopefully this will be addressed in iOS 5.

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have everything set so that the battery will last longer but it does not at all. I deleted some cydia stuff so im gonna see if that makes any difference today

Have you tried taking it back and getting another iPhone? You could just have a defective battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73