Help with business email please

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to set up my business email to my new iPhone 4. I was using touchdown for Android on my Droid with no problems. I don't have any "IT" guy to go to so I am on my own. We use Outlook on a server.

Should I be using the Exchange route or the "Other" route? I really would appreciate some help. I have tried a few difference approaches but I am getting nowhere. I'm sure I am not giving enough information so please let me know what else I should share. Thank you.

ARTORRENCE

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You need to know your company's server IP and domain name in order to set your mail up on your iPhone. If you have that info you need to go to Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars-Add Account-Microsoft Exchange. Then fill out the information and click next.

trevgriff#IM

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Use the exchange route you should be able to get enough of your login settings from either your desktop or laptop outlook settings to plug into your iPhone to setup exchange.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Use the exchange route you should be able to get enough of your login settings from either your desktop or laptop outlook settings to plug into your iPhone to setup exchange.

I agree. I have my server information. I know it's correct because I used it to set up my Droid with Touchdown. The iPhone keeps telling me that it can't find the server. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong and I don't have an IT person to go to. We are a small office so we out source when needed.

The good news is that this is the only thing I have had an issue with so far, unfortunately it is a big one. I need to be able to get my email.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The settings should be the same as they were for your other device. Can you not call on whoever assisted you last with your Exchange server? Without the details (which you should not post) it is nearly impossible to assist.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The settings should be the same as they were for your other device. Can you not call on whoever assisted you last with your Exchange server? Without the details (which you should not post) it is nearly impossible to assist.

It should be the same settings, I agree. I didn't need anyone to help me with the Droid. I have the server information and the app I used set up using ActiveSync with out any issues. I spent time with Apple Tech on Friday and still didn't get set up. My problem is that I share an office with 2 other CPA's and we don't have an IT person on site. I am going to have one of my friends come in and help me out. He specializes in this sort of thing. Apple tech said that the security Apple provides is probably the issue and that I am missing some key piece of information for my server. I guess in the end it is a good thing. Security is important to me.

d0ster

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It may be your access port. I believe Activesync will use port 443. If you have a different port #, try inputting on your server as
mail.company.com:123
123 is an example.

Reactions: cwbcpa

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner