Alert on all synced iphone calenders

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Google to sync my iphone calendar with my wife's iphone calendar. I to know if there was a way for the phones to alert me when a new event has been added by my wife. Like a push notification alert on new entry function.

If there is an app for that or a way to make it happen????

Thanks

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
If you use the same google account, I think you can get the actual event "pushed" to your phone. I don't know if it will alert you, but if she makes it an invite to the event, and it pushes to you it should notify you of the invite then and, all you'd do is view and accept it. That's how it works w/ me on my exchange account at least. If they invite me to something it will notify me and slot it in my calendar.

Reactions: anon(52425)
Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks touchyphone.

I really wanted it to just alert all the users syncing whenever a new thing is added. Its far too much to expect my wife to invite me every time.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
yes I know thats how I have it set up but I am looking for a way to get an alert when my wife adds a new event so that I dont have to rely on looking in the diary, which I never do. If I want to find out when an event I already know about is happening then I look but I never seem to know whats going on before its too late (my wife tells me).

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Solution from a PM

I cant send PM's yet as I am new to this forum but I received a message from user LooNTooNs saying he has a solution. Also asks if I am using more than 1 gmail account. Can someone ask him to continue this thread so that I can answer him. I only use 1 gmail calendar account but have 2 categories 'Home' and 'Work'

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Tasty, here's what we are doing and it seems to work really well. We each have our own gmail calendar. On mine I added a "family" calendar and shared it with my wife. If there's something we both need but really don't need an alert for one of us adds it to the family calendar and it just shows up on the other phone. If it is something that we want the other person to know, like an appointment for the children that the other must attend to, we use the invite feature. This way the other person will get an alert and have to "accept" the appointment.
This has become really seamless for us and is quite easy once setup. With our own calendars we also don't have to see the others mundane appointment, like my wife's workout schedule.

Let me know if this works for you and if you need help setting it up.

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
MR <-> Mr's Gmail calendar and shared Family calendar
Mrs <-> Mrs Gmail calendar plus shared Family calendar from Mr's Gmail account

If you add some thing to your gmail calendar the other person will NOT see it unless you "invite" that person, then if they accept it will pop into there calendar and a notification will be sent back saying "accepted" (or Honey I saw the appointment). If either one of you adds some thing to the "family Calendar, no invatations are sent, they just pop into the shared calendar on both phones.

Make sense?

Last edited: