Ever use your screen on high brightness?

Acelx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i keep my brightness about 75% with auto on, as you see in the picture from a full day of use with phone calls and downloadind,text,cydia its at 35%

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The "OCD" in me wishes that the "brightness slider" had a numeric percentage meter to it so I know exactly what % brightness my setting is . . ;)

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I set it to 100% unless I am reading at night. I do have the auto brightness setting enabled, but I manually swipe it 100% if I feel the need. No battery life issues at all on iP4, although I did have major issues with my 3GS and often cut the brightness to extend battery life.

NickFalk

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I would certainly love to have it at 100% all the time, but frankly the battery is the one true weak part of the equation making up the iPhone. (Not that's it any worse than other smart-phones, but I really wish we'd see a leap in battery-performance).

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I would certainly love to have it at 100% all the time, but frankly the battery is the one true weak part of the equation making up the iPhone. (Not that's it any worse than other smart-phones, but I really wish we'd see a leap in battery-performance).

How much better can it get? Typical battery life for me is about 9 hours with brightness is about 75%. I use more data then voice, as talking on cell phone is not satisfying to me.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I have mine at 100% all the time. I have to charge it more. I listen to music and ESPN radio at work on my iPhone but it sitting on a iPod speaker dock so I'm not sure how long my battery would last. I have a car charger in the car, so I've never really went a whole day without having my phone charging. I assume if I did with the brightness at 100% that my battery life would be horrible. I love my phone at 100%, I'm still amazed by the display 10 months later.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that Apple seems to have done it again. I thought my battery was going to be toast after turning the brightness up. However even with 4.3 I was ending up charging at 80% or so which is a huge difference from the 60s I was getting previously with the brightness turned down.

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What sort of battery life have you gotten that way, if ya don't mind me asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it took me a while to respond, but I have battery all day :) ... I'm in class most days but I still play on it. I charge my phone every night, no spot charging.

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to this thread I have now been using the phone with the brightness almost all the way up and I feel like I got a new phone. Wish I would have tried this long ago. The screen looks so much better!!!! Woohoo!!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
weird. regarding battery life; i had my brightness around 75-80% all day today and not that much of a difference from when i was at 50%

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you're in a well-lit room, then the screen being super bright looks awesome, but when it's dim in the room Or dark, it's WAY too bright for me.

Trevor_Johnson

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had an iPhone since the first one was released and I have always had my screen brightness to the max. I hate having to try to squint to see what's on the screen, it's especially hard to see when it's bright outside.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77