Every now and then when I go to unlock my phone, the slide to unlock won't slide all the way, it will go about a quarter of the way and go back. My hands aren't slippery or anything and my screen seems fine when I look at it. I eventually just wipe my screen over several times with my tie(since I'm at work when it usually happens) and I'm able to unlock it. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this strange problem or if it was just me.
    03-23-2011 07:05 PM
    Do you have a screen protector on it? Sometimes I use an Otterbox defender when I'm at
    the gym and it has its own screen cover. I run into that problem from time to time if the
    screen gets a little moist.
    03-23-2011 07:36 PM
    I don't have a screen protector on it and most of the time it is in my pocket so there is no moisture
    03-23-2011 10:44 PM
    Every now and then when I go to unlock my phone, the slide to unlock won't slide all the way, it will go about a quarter of the way and go back. My hands aren't slippery or anything and my screen seems fine when I look at it. I eventually just wipe my screen over several times with my tie(since I'm at work when it usually happens) and I'm able to unlock it. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this strange problem or if it was just me.
    You are having this issue with your Verizon iPhone with 4.2.6? I have this happen but it seems to be a problem with version 4.3 which is not yet on the Verizon iPhone.
    03-24-2011 07:58 AM
    I had this problem all the time with my old BB and from time to time with my iPhone. Wipe your screen good, and if that doesn't work, if you have a dehumidifier hold the phone over it for a minute.
    03-24-2011 04:07 PM
    This is a problem on iOS 4.3 for GSM iPhones but when it does it, it wont slide at all. Not even a quarter of the way. This is the first I have heard about it on a Vzn iPhone and OS 4.2.6
    03-24-2011 05:42 PM
    is it jailbroken? there are tweaks to the slider that can allow you to adjust the actual distance it takes to unlock the phone...just a thought
    03-26-2011 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD