Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default Slide to Unlock problems

Every now and then when I go to unlock my phone, the slide to unlock won't slide all the way, it will go about a quarter of the way and go back. My hands aren't slippery or anything and my screen seems fine when I look at it. I eventually just wipe my screen over several times with my tie(since I'm at work when it usually happens) and I'm able to unlock it. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this strange problem or if it was just me.

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Do you have a screen protector on it? Sometimes I use an Otterbox defender when I'm at
    the gym and it has its own screen cover. I run into that problem from time to time if the
    screen gets a little moist.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 6 Plus 128GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I don't have a screen protector on it and most of the time it is in my pocket so there is no moisture
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,523 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by wyckedankh View Post
    Every now and then when I go to unlock my phone, the slide to unlock won't slide all the way, it will go about a quarter of the way and go back. My hands aren't slippery or anything and my screen seems fine when I look at it. I eventually just wipe my screen over several times with my tie(since I'm at work when it usually happens) and I'm able to unlock it. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this strange problem or if it was just me.
    You are having this issue with your Verizon iPhone with 4.2.6? I have this happen but it seems to be a problem with version 4.3 which is not yet on the Verizon iPhone.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had this problem all the time with my old BB and from time to time with my iPhone. Wipe your screen good, and if that doesn't work, if you have a dehumidifier hold the phone over it for a minute.
    GoldDust and PlatinumRed... Now on Cydia!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

This is a problem on iOS 4.3 for GSM iPhones but when it does it, it wont slide at all. Not even a quarter of the way. This is the first I have heard about it on a Vzn iPhone and OS 4.2.6
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

is it jailbroken? there are tweaks to the slider that can allow you to adjust the actual distance it takes to unlock the phone...just a thought