Part of the Apple family?

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The thing I don't like about the VZW iPhone is that it seems that Apple likes the At&t one better. Like not giving out the iOS 4.3 update. I feel left out of the Apple family...I thought having a VZW would be the best of both worlds, the most reliable network and the Apple ecosystem. I don't feel like it. Although At&t is SO much faster, I am happy to have an "unlimited" data plan. But I would love home sharing, etc. I just get the feeling that I'm on the outs with Apple because I have a VZW iPhone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Patience.

The Verizon iPhone had features at release that were not available to AT&T users until they got iOS 4.3 - and AT&T folks voiced a gripe similar to yours. Give it a little time - and the things that iOS 4.3 gave AT&T users that Verizon's iOS 4.2.6 doesn't have should be made available.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The 4.3 is just one part of the thread. How about you don't read the thread instead of complaining and not submitting anything helpful?

You may feel it's only one part of the thread, but it's the only thing you mentioned. Can't blame him for not wanting another thread repeating itself.

So what else is this thread about?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had 4.3 loaded on Att iPhone 4. Its buggy as heck. Im back on 4.2.1. Ble glad your still on 4.2.6. Yes more features but wouldnt you rather have a stable OS? Trust me, your not missing anything. Hopefully 4.3.1 fixes all the bugs

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I don't see what the big thing is that we're missing that we can't be without for a while.
Sometimes these updates just have some small, gimmicky things. I could go a couple months
until it comes out for the vi4. No big deal.

However, when iOS5 hits it better be available for all iPhones.

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The 4.3 is just one part of the thread. How about you don't read the thread instead of complaining and not submitting anything helpful?

Your entire post was in relation to us (vzw Iphone users) not getting iOS 4.3 yet. We are not on the "outs" with apple, nor are we the red-headed stepchild. The vzw iPhone was released two months ago. iOS 4.3 was already in testing for the ATT iPhone prior to that, which is why I am not surprised that they did not include the vzw iPhone in the release.

We can only hope that future iOS releases will not be fragmented between carriers. If this happens in the future and we are missing some key features while ATT has them, then I will understand the gripping. I don't understand why people are all bent out of shape so early in the game.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Tytanious, go to the iphone forum and read the 4.3 bug thread. Are you really upset you don't have to swipe several times to get your phone to unlock? And it looks like some apps still need updating to work with 4.3. It's OK to wait for these things to work out.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Shoot, I never update to a new OS until a new jailbreak is available. So I guess I'm always on the outs with Apple.... ya know if I don't count my macbook pro, iPad and wife's Apple TV. Other than those things, I'm definitely not apart of the family :)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am guessing a 5.0 unification. Qualcomm is heavily rumored to be doing the next baseband chip, especially since the Vi4 already has the baseband chip that can do GSM, so I wouldn't see why they can't unify it in 5.0.

I am curious if AT&T reliability will increase with a non-euro friendly baseband.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The thing I don't like about the VZW iPhone is that it seems that Apple likes the At&t one better. Like not giving out the iOS 4.3 update. I feel left out of the Apple family...I thought having a VZW would be the best of both worlds, the most reliable network and the Apple ecosystem. I don't feel like it. Although At&t is SO much faster, I am happy to have an "unlimited" data plan. But I would love home sharing, etc. I just get the feeling that I'm on the outs with Apple because I have a VZW iPhone.

Like Garz said, you aren't missing out on anything with 4.3 really. It doesn't feel like Safari is really faster, maybe a tiny bit. My slide to unlock is annoying, battery life worse (although I may have solved it), and I'm never going to use the hotspot feature which you currently have. I would go back 4.2.1 but that is even more hassle than I'm willing to deal with.

mi_canuck#IM

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Tytanious, go to the iphone forum and read the 4.3 bug thread. Are you really upset you don't have to swipe several times to get your phone to unlock? And it looks like some apps still need updating to work with 4.3. It's OK to wait for these things to work out.

Like Garz said, you aren't missing out on anything with 4.3 really. It doesn't feel like Safari is really faster, maybe a tiny bit. My slide to unlock is annoying, battery life worse (although I may have solved it), and I'm never going to use the hotspot feature which you currently have. I would go back 4.2.1 but that is even more hassle than I'm willing to deal with.

judging by all the bugs, glad our vzw ip4's are still on 4.2.6...

kayno

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site

I'm sure there is a reason. You all got the mobile hotspots before the rest of us. They could have given you the exact OS we had and since they didn't, we could have felt less favored... Which we did.. But that's besides the point. I'm sure there is a reason. I'm sure you all will get it eventually.

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have not had even one single issue with iOS 4.3, and enjoy the home sharing, Airplay and faster Safari browsing every day.

One point which often gets overlooked when talking about problems some are having with it, is that some of the problems are occurring on 3GS versions of the phone.

If you separate out the non iPhone 4 issues with iOS 4.3, the report of "bugs" don't seem as common

I think the update will come to the Verizon iphone sooner rather than later. Keep in mind, iOS 4.3 has only been out for about 16 days now, so it's still early yet.

AT&T iPhone buyers had to wait 30 days to get the hotspot feature.

Thus is should be reasonable to wait at least that long for iOS 4.3 for the CDMA/VZW version of the phone.

In other words, it might be too early to complain now, since iOS 4.3 only been out for a little more than two weeks.

But then on the other hand, it might all be marketing strategy.

If the playing field were actually level, and the VZW phone would do everything that the ATT version of the phone would do, then the ATT version would struggle for sales.

Some of why U.S. sales of the GSM version of the phone are as robust as they are, is because the GSM version of the phone can do more than it's CDMA counterpart.

Were it not for this, ie if absolutely no differences existed, then it would certainly erode sales of the AT&T version of the device.

Those differences, and the difference in monthly costs for service, no doubt help bolster, boost or prop up, sales of the GSM version of the phone.

Without those differences, most everybody who had an iPhone 4, would have a Verizon iPhone 4.

Indeed, one of the reasons why we are seeing what we are seeing now, might be so that both versions of the phone can sell.

So a discrepancy in who gets which operating system, and when they get it, could be part of a marketing plan.

And if it is, look for this staggered release of iOS updates, to continue for a while

Last edited:

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The thing I don't like about the VZW iPhone is that it seems that Apple likes the At&t one better. Like not giving out the iOS 4.3 update. I feel left out of the Apple family...
Specifically state what you're missing out on by not immediately getting 4.3. If you're simply assuming that newer = better then there's nothing to be done about that.

I thought having a VZW would be the best of both worlds, the most reliable network and the Apple ecosystem. I don't feel like it.
So you don't think you're on a reliable network and that you're not using an Apple product? How so? What reliability issues have you had? How is the iPhone 4 not an Apple device? These are odd claims with no backing.

I just get the feeling that I'm on the outs with Apple because I have a VZW iPhone.
To each his own. Can't say I agree. This sounds like more of a problem due to expectation/entitlement IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox