Was......Was it a mistake? D:

kevinlovesrice

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I got the verizon iphone about a month ago and I am pretty satisfied but I have one problem.....
I dont really feel all that ...."Happy"
sure I love that battery life and the super crystal clear screen. But damn i just dont feel as good as I used to when i was with android.
Im kinda thinking that getting the verizon iphone was a mistake....
And yes I jailbroke it and did all the crazy sh*t but I dont get the happyness that I did with the android phone i had.
Can you guys try to change my mind :D
thanks ^^

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I got the verizon iphone about a month ago and I am pretty satisfied but I have one problem.....
sure I love that battery life and the super crystal clear screen. But damn i just dont feel as good as I used to when i was with android.
And yes I jailbroke it and did all the crazy sh*t but I dont get the happyness that I did with the android phone i had.
thanks ^^

Probably not. That's why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors... because we all have our likes and dislikes...

If you gave it an honest shot and still prefer the android platform, more power to you... One should never choose a tech device because someone else has one/uses one/likes it... you have to be comfortable with what you have and use... and just because I love my iPhone (as do many others), doesn't mean that it's the right phone for you... there are lots of android phones out there with lots of happy customers...

jeremy3721

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I came from an Evo which I loved. What I didn't love was the random battery crap outs and other various software flaws of a less polished operating system. I wouldn't go back.

kevinlovesrice

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Well the happy feeling of being free.
I have to admit that the iOS system actually "works" unlike androids unfinished products.
I know that nobody is making me stay :D

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have had Android and many other iOS devices. Yes, there some major wins for Android like widgets and customization. But iOS works well the battery is a huge win. I love how I can play games and stream Netflix without worrying about if my battery will last till the end of the day.

Call me OCD but I prefer the unifomality of iOS. I like how all the icons are the same shape and size. I like how there are always new apps that are good and worthwhile. Granted, there are garbage apps, but the Android market is flooded with random garbage like a new digital clock that causes your phone to crash.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi
thanks ^^

We won't try to hold you back, you have to decide what phone is the best for you. We will help you out with any questions you have to help the iPhone better serve you but if you want a Droid then go for it. No hurt feelings here, I want everyone to be happy. :)

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
After having my iphone for a week or two (coming from an Evo) I started to have regrets as well. I really like Android, and miss it dearly. But I DON'T miss the battery life issues and bugginess of the software. I am happy with the iphone because it is a little more stable for me. The way I see it is I am going to give the Android handset makers a little time to catch up with the software. I think by the time my upgrade rolls around in 20 months there will have been some advances in battery technology and I can give Android another try at that point... Until then, I am not going to think about it and give the iphone a fair shot. I am looking forward to iOS 5 and hope it brings some major improvements to the notification system. Just don't worry about it and enjoy your phone.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a Droid X and I bought a used 32 gb VZW iPhone because the price was so damn good I couldn't pass it up. I've had iPod Touches in the past, so I basically knew how it worked, but I still haven't got myself to activate it on my line yet. I'm still using my DX. I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks and I honestly don't know if the iPhone is for me. I've grown so accustomed to the notification system in Android and the customization that I'm not sure I could switch. I am a little OCD, which does tend to favor the iPhone's uniformity, and I do use iTunes for all of my music (currently have an iPod Classic 160 gb) but I still haven't decided if I should switch - and am actually leaning more towards selling my iPhone.

I guess in a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is, the iPhone isn't for everyone. If you're more of an Android kind of person, then stick with Android. Doesn't mean the iPhone is crap or that Android is king, just that Android works better for you.

tsluss

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was in a similar situation. My wife and I both had the original Droid and loved it until Verizon pushed out the software update for Froyo and we started having all sorts of issues. I managed to corner Verizon into giving us Droid 2's (our Droids were completely unreliable at that point) and things improved somewhat, but eventually the hardware started falling apart, which shocked me considerably seeing as it's Motorola hardware. On top of that I personally didn't like Blur and ended up rooting and installing a new ROM on my device. I enjoyed the customization aspects of Android, I just don't like the direction the carriers are going with it.

I also personally didn't like how there were certain games (because we are gamers) that would come out that listed current good hardware as OK to play them on (they preferred the dual core Tegra devices).

In short for us it was consistency and the overall experience of Apple products that made our choice. We have long enjoyed Apple hardware and would have had iPhones long ago if they had been available on Verizon.

Would I recommend iPhone to other people? Absolutely! Would I recommend it for everyone? Absolutely not. I have a good friend who also loves Android but I can bet that he wouldn't be happy with the iPhone because of certain limitations compared to Android (i.e. no native ability to change messaging tones).

So just do what you like. If you've been using the iPhone for a while and still prefer Android there's nothing wrong with that at all and there are a lot of great new Android devices releasing on Verizon this year.

As for us, we're going to be permanent iPhone users.

knowlivelove516

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm really having a hard time deciding if I want to get an iphone coming from Android. I have apple everything else and loooove it but had to get an android (like many people) before the iphone was available. I really reaally like android and reading threads like this keep me going back and forth. I think I'm just going to have to get an iphone off of ebay or something for myself and see what's gonna work best for me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!!

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
If I had my start with my Droid X I wouldn't have wanted an iPhone. I only went to it because I used it in the past so it was like "coming home" for me.

It's the apps, which Android gets better about daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy my iPhone. I had a Droid 1 before, now besides the low processor on that, something that bothered me was force close's but the widgets definitely have their place. I LOVE the iPhone keyboard and honestly things run smoother on my iPhone than any other phone but the Thunderbolt is a pretty good sign of where things are going with Android.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The thing I don't like about the VZW iPhone is that it seems that Apple likes the At&t one better. Like not giving out the iOS 4.3 update. I feel left out of the Apple family...I thought having a VZW would be the best of both worlds, the most reliable network and the Apple ecosystem. I don't feel like it. Although At&t is SO much faster, I am happy to have an "unlimited" data plan.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm really having a hard time deciding if I want to get an iphone coming from Android. I have apple everything else and loooove it but had to get an android (like many people) before the iphone was available. I really reaally like android and reading threads like this keep me going back and forth. I think I'm just going to have to get an iphone off of ebay or something for myself and see what's gonna work best for me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!!

I am in the same boat. We have had iPods for years and love them, but I got the Droid last year and for the most part have loved it. There are things that bug me, but that will probably be the case with any phone. My wife and I are both up for renewal and I just ordered two iPhones this morning. I know she will love it. If I don't for some reason I figure I can sell it and buy another Android phone, but I am not worried. I am looking forward to getting it tomorrow. The great thing is that iPhones hold their value and resell very well.

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The thing I don't like about the VZW iPhone is that it seems that Apple likes the At&t one better. Like not giving out the iOS 4.3 update. I feel left out of the Apple family...I thought having a VZW would be the best of both worlds, the most reliable network and the Apple ecosystem. I don't feel like it. Although At&t is SO much faster, I am happy to have an "unlimited" data plan.

this was posted by a verizon staff member on their own boards

Thanks to all the community members for your feedback on the update matter. Adding to what was said, the 4.3 Update for the iPhone 4 will be pushed to the devices when it becomes available and released. We apologize there has not been a date set as to when it will be available since we do not want to set a specific date that may or may not be met with the update delivery.

Please understand that Verizon Wireless will release the stable finished update to you as soon as it is ready. We are committed to giving you the best, and we will not release the update until we are confident that it will run smoothly without issues or bugs. We again appreciate your continued understanding and patience concerning this matter.

Thanks Again,

edw@vzwsupport

and can be found at

Come on Verizon, where is the 4.3 update? - Page 3 - Verizon Wireless Community

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW