Was......Was it a mistake? D:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
this was posted by a verizon staff member on their own boards

Thanks to all the community members for your feedback on the update matter. Adding to what was said, the 4.3 Update for the iPhone 4 will be pushed to the devices when it becomes available and released. We apologize there has not been a date set as to when it will be available since we do not want to set a specific date that may or may not be met with the update delivery.

Please understand that Verizon Wireless will release the stable finished update to you as soon as it is ready. We are committed to giving you the best, and we will not release the update until we are confident that it will run smoothly without issues or bugs. We again appreciate your continued understanding and patience concerning this matter.

and can be found at

Come on Verizon, where is the 4.3 update? - Page 3 - Verizon Wireless Community

That may be the corporate VZW line that their people are scripted to spew... but the truth is it's Apple's deal. Apple will release the iOS update when Apples says it's ready, not Verizon.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The thing I don't like about the VZW iPhone is that it seems that Apple likes the At&t one better. Like not giving out the iOS 4.3 update. I feel left out of the Apple family...I thought having a VZW would be the best of both worlds, the most reliable network and the Apple ecosystem. I don't feel like it. Although At&t is SO much faster, I am happy to have an "unlimited" data plan.

It's time to give the "mom likes you best" thing a rest... responses to this post in other forums and threads have stated the truth over and over... eventually it will all even out... so do yourself (and us) a favor, and get over it.

And yeah, I'm on AT&T and I also have unlimited data...

but way to go with the thread-jacking...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had blackberry's as well as the Droid X- for me I love my new iphone- I hated the email pull instead of push of the Droid and the OS was not stable- The blackberry was great at email but horrible at web browsing and apps. IMO I think the iphone has the best of all of them- I will take consistent email, stable OS, great bowser and cool apps over the ability to personalize my phone any day.

iMatt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Love my iPhone 4. But I have to be honest. As a phone it's kinda poor. Damn antenna. My colleague said he was on his 4th iPhone 4 because it kept dropping calls. Once id told him he was holding it wrong it fixed his problem :(

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I came from an Evo which I loved. What I didn't love was the random battery crap outs and other various software flaws of a less polished operating system. I wouldn't go back.

as a former droid owner (just a few days ago) i must chime in, because i too loved the droid. If the manufacturer and verizon would keep their grubby little hands out of the droid OS, it would be a much better experience for the droid user.

that being said, i love the iphone, it just works and works great with my macbook pro. :D

kevinlovesrice

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
sadly
I'm on windows xP
and my MacBook is broken and apple care wont cover the damn thing.
the droid was the phone that started it all. I extremely hate Verizon's and htc's bloatware x.x

Acelx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
the only thing that i like about Android is the rooting.. which is like jailbreaking.. but being able to install custom roms is great, the iphone we are stuck with the same interface forever, no matter what themes you install its still the same 4x4 icons.. unlike android you can install custom launchers and much more. so i understand what you probly feel when your used to all that "open source" power. and then coming to a iphone where its locked down pretty much.. But its your choice.. the only reason why i can tell you to stay with the iphone is because its more simple and gets the job done. unlike android with a lot of setbacks

scottae316

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I guess I can understand why some Android users are not happy with their iPhones. I have an iPhone 4 and had the EVO at the same time. For me I just liked that the iPhone4 had better battery life and worked well. I never warmed up to the EVO coming from the original Palm Pre with webOS and I admit I probably did not try hard. I also had the original iPhone and the 3Gs so I was more accustomed to iPhone. Actually I gave up my EVO for a Blackberry Style and I honestly like the Style better. To me I want my phone to work and the software also. I also want battery life so I am not an Android fan. I am not bashing Android, but it is a matter of preference. If you like to play with the OS and software, by all means get an Android. I loved the HTC hardware and the Sense interface but to me it was not as smooth and easy as iOS.

Bottom line, don't buy a phone because everyone else thinks its cool, but a phone that works how you like it. Android, Blackberry, iOS, webOS (AWESOME but what is the future?), Symbian (well maybe not now), or Windows (if thats what you like????) all have nice phones, but what do you want/need it to do? Go check them out at your favorite carrier. For me, I like iOS, Blackberry OS6, and webOS (again what is its future.) It is your choice for what you want and need it to do.

Last edited:

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
not me, i have always wanted an iphone but was on verizon. now i just recently got the iphone4 and dont miss android at all. it was a buggy mess that i hated. long live ios.

upworlder

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one that hates the concept of just filling homescreen after homescreen with apps? I got my iphone a few weeks ago because I could not shackle myself to the EOL android phones that verizon was peddling at the time and thought I would give iOS a shot. Jailbreaking has helped a little bit, but the notification system provides an exercise in pain and the app-filled homescreens seem rather inefficient since virtually no information besides the date and time are available at a glance. And pleasee give me a decent and readily accessible resource monitor! I really wanted to like the iphone, and the screen dpi, hardware design, and battery life are great, but I feel like the design of iOS did not have nearly as much thought put into it as the design of the hardware and I'm just trying to wait it out until I can jump ship :/

Edit: perhaps that sounded a bit harsh. I'm not bashing the iPhone or iOS at all, just saying that it is just not for me and if apple allowed for a little more customization, then it would be fantastic! OS X is based on Darwin (a BSD kernal) and perhaps paradoxically allows me much greater degrees of stability and flexibility than I might get using windows but with a degree of polish not found on Linux systems. I want that on my phone without having to void my warranty!

Last edited:

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one that hates the concept of just filling homescreen after homescreen with apps? I got my iphone a few weeks ago because I could not shackle myself to the EOL android phones that verizon was peddling at the time and thought I would give iOS a shot. Jailbreaking has helped a little bit, but the notification system provides an exercise in pain and the app-filled homescreens seem rather inefficient since virtually no information besides the date and time are available at a glance. And pleasee give me a decent and readily accessible resource monitor! I really wanted to like the iphone, and the screen dpi, hardware design, and battery life are great, but I feel like the design of iOS did not have nearly as much thought put into it as the design of the hardware and I'm just trying to wait it out until I can jump ship :/

Edit: perhaps that sounded a bit harsh. I'm not bashing the iPhone or iOS at all, just saying that it is just not for me and if apple allowed for a little more customization, then it would be fantastic! OS X is based on Darwin (a BSD kernal) and perhaps paradoxically allows me much greater degrees of stability and flexibility than I might get using windows but with a degree of polish not found on Linux systems. I want that on my phone without having to void my warranty!

Get LockInfo. Seriously. It let's you have drag down Notifications like Android. I just JB for this and biteSMS, and they're 100% worth it. There are also JB apps that let you rearrange your icons how you like, and widgets that put information at your fingertips. You can have all you had with android on better hardware and with The App Store. ;)

Also, look into Dreamboard. You'll understand why when you see it ;)

Reactions: upworlder

upworlder

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I never was able to get LockInfo to work the way I wanted it to (It just seemed so cluttered, even when I cut down on what I had on my lockscreen), but I'm going to look into it again. I must say, biteSMS is one of the first things I threw on here after jailbreaking and it has been a godsend! For the last few days I've been messing with all sorts of themes (not necessarily good when I'm supposed to be listening to an anthro prof who detests cellphones, but whatever haha) and trying to make it seem cleaner, but I am leaning towards getting back to the stock look of iOS and stripping it of extras and adding only what is necessary. Chirmer - any recommendations for customizing LockInfo?

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Chirmer - any recommendations for customizing LockInfo?

On mine I had the Typography Clock thing, then I had calendar, and then notifications active only when there were unreads, so most of the time it was just the Typography clock with a couple items from my calendar in the default theme, which was simple and dark. I also thought LockInfo got really cluttered, so I just had the bare minimum up to see. It worked really well! Unfortunately I had to go back to stock because the JB was messing up my phone (scrolling breaking, being unable to tap things, etc), and all I had installed was LockInfo and biteSMS :( I do miss the two though :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh