New iPhone TV ads doesn't recognize Verizon

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed with the new "if you don't have an iPhone, then you don't have an iPhone" ads, that at the end of the commercial, only AT&T is shown. Not Verizon. Is there a reason?

snakester9

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed with the new "if you don't have an iPhone, then you don't have an iPhone" ads, that at the end of the commercial, only AT&T is shown. Not Verizon. Is there a reason?

Really? In the version of the "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPod in your phone..." commercial they're showing here, there's no mention of AT&T, only Verizon. I wonder if they're targeting for the popular carrier in the area?

snakester9

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The commercials I see just show 3G on the iPhone. No advertisements of Verizon or AT&T.

Yeah, the beginning half of the one I saw is like that, but where it shows the stylized iPhone 4 text at the end, just before that it shows the Verizon Wireless logo.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I tend to "zone-out" when commercials come on TV, so when I first saw this discussion, I payed attention to the iPhone commercials when they came up.... representations of phone screens just show "3G" - no carrier names at all - and I've seen a mix of logos at the end between Verizon & AT&T.

lmac4cy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I like these commercials. It shows everybody out there that if you have a phone and think of it "like" an Iphone, you still don't have an Iphone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've seen the same commercials with each carrier. Notice that the commercials can be used
for any carrier since the screen only shows "3G" at the top left corner without a carrier name.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well the ads are the truth. I don't have the iPhone of of course I don't have an iPhone. (DUH!) I think they are kind of lame top be honest. They really need to get back to the apps or hell real world useage

Perhaps Apple is scared of android. Think of it, why would they make such an ad? Its not like sales are bad. Sales are good. So why all of a sudden make an ad that says "if you don;t have an iPhone you can't do this" (witch in some cases if false, you just can't do it the "apple way") Perhaps they are realizing that one size, one model and one way of doing things is not always the best. (why do you think RIM has fallen top 3rd place?)

as for not showing Verizon. I think pretty much everyone knows about the iPhone and they are smart enough to go to ATT or Verizon. Those who don't, chances are a family member or friend knows about the iPhone so they can tell them,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox