- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Potential IPhone user with many ?'s
Hello and Thank you for all the help you can provide me with. Due to all of the apps out there now my Blackberry Bold is being obsolete.
I want to buy an IPhone but am a little hesitant on what they can do. I can find a search for the answers on this forum (as I never entered one as complex as this) so any help will be greatly appreciated.
1) Does the IP 4 have a flash with the camera?
2) Can you add custom ring tones?
3) Is there an app that backups every txt, email, call log and can restore in case of lost/broken phone? (This is very important to me as I need everything stored for work and must be backed up) Is there an app that will backup the device just like the blackberry?
4) Can I copy and paste photos and text from lets say a web page to a text or an email to a web page?
5) Overall, how is the IP 4 on Verizon? Is it too new? should I wait till it improves or until IP 5 comes out?
Thanks for any help you can give me. It is greatly appreciated
- 03-19-2011, 12:39 PM #2
2. Yes - there are "how to" all over these forums and the internet... but you cannot assign custom ringtones to emails or text messages without JailBreaking.
3. Syncing with iTunes does a full backup.
4. Yes, you can cut/paste text and links to photos... never actually cut/pasted a photo.
5. Dunno, I'm on AT&T... but the crowds seem to make the ViP sound like a great option... It's definitely not a matter of "wait because it's too new"...
Welcome to the "dark side"... there are lots of us BlackBerry converts here!
- 03-19-2011, 12:39 PM #3
Yes, the camera has a single LED flash that is quite effective.
You can back up the phone through iTunes and it saves every text message and email and when you need to restore, they will all be there
Yes, you can copy an past text or images into emails from the web.
Yes, you can create custom ringtones but not custom notification (unless you jailbreak). I use a PC program called iRinger and it is free and super easy to use.
- 03-19-2011, 12:52 PM #4
The last question about the Vzn iPhone being new. It's a proven phone but just with CDMA bands. Nothing to worry about there. Now should you wait for the 5? Only you can answer that. It's yet to be known if Vzn iPhone will release when all others do.