Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

54 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

Default Verizon 3G fail?

Anyone having 3G trouble today? My data has slowed to a crawl. Was fine yesterday, and nothings changed since then. Speedtest shows 0-.9mbs. Takes about a minute for twitter to refersh, most webpages wont load at all. Been like this all day.

Am I alone?
    iMore Genius

20,830 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,711 Global Posts

Maybe a tower where you are has issues - it happens sometimes.
    Retired Moderator

5,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,465 Global Posts

Could be a tower. You can all your carrier and they should be able to tell you if there are issues in your area. Or try a hard reboot(hold power button & home screen button at the same time) to see if that helps. Last thing is you can try and reset network settings as maybe it sticking to a tower further away. Only downfall if you do that is you must enter all your wifi passowrds back on your phone if you reset network settings
    iPhone Nanite

7 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Wow, I just got 0.82 mbs down with 0.37 mbs on my speed test! That's the fastest I have ever seen it on 3G. I usually get about .25 to .42 mbs down with about 0.12 up, so perhaps my area, which has LTE, has lots of VZ users jumping ship to the HTC Thunderbolt. I may be joining them soon, too, because the LTE speed test went 12.0 mbs down with 29.0 mbs up when I did a speed test at the Verizon store! I checked the settings to make sure it wasn't on wi-fi. A few Verizon users in the Android Central forums that bought the phone reported even higher speeds at home with phone in their area.
    Last edited by trjnberrystip; 03-18-2011 at 07:24 PM.