Wifi Problem

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So i have a Verizon iPhone, not sure if it matters, and i used to be able to connect to the my house's wifi, but now, only 3G works and my iPhone will recognize that my wifi network is there, however it can't connect to it. Meanwhile, my laptop, my sister laptop, my mom's laptop, and my iPod Touch connects to it without a problem. Any suggestions as to why this may be happening? Should i take it to apple and see what's up?

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
yes i had a similar issue except my "wifi" issues were weak, what you could do is try and restore and set up as a new iphone, or forget network and rejoin if doesnt work, if all else fails take it into apple they will restore infront of you and then it 'might' work but if not just complain that you dont wanna go back there and they will give you a new model :) worked for me !! good luck

d0ster

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried resetting your network settings? It will be under General > Reset. You will be reqiired to enter your wifi password again.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So i have a Verizon iPhone, not sure if it matters, and i used to be able to connect to the my house's wifi, but now, only 3G works and my iPhone will recognize that my wifi network is there, however it can't connect to it. Meanwhile, my laptop, my sister laptop, my mom's laptop, and my iPod Touch connects to it without a problem. Any suggestions as to why this may be happening? Should i take it to apple and see what's up?

Go to WiFi settings and hit the arrow next to your daughter's network's name. Then hit "Forget this Network". Now reset your iPhone and it might be worth it to reset the router and modem as well (unplug, wait ~30 seconds, and plug back in). Then go to WiFi on the iPhone and put the network info back in and see if it works.

If that doesn't work then go and reset all network settings on the iPhone and finally try a restore.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So what I did was I hit 'forget this network' and the reset network settings and it worked! Thanks everyone for all your help. :)