Apparently the "Find My iPhone" service doesn't work during a call?

Lanulos

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have found that the "Find My iPhone" service (via me.com on a computer) doesn't work when a call is in progress on the phone. Presumably this is because of the Verizon "no data during a call" problem? Has anyone else noticed this?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have found that the "Find My iPhone" service (via me.com on a computer) doesn't work when a call is in progress on the phone. Presumably this is because of the Verizon "no data during a call" problem? Has anyone else noticed this?

Unless the phone is also connected via Wifi, yeah, that would be the case about no data during a call.

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
It should use a recent estimation though. MobileMe polls the phone occasionally to get an approximate position.

And during a call, it's not the GPS that's disabled, it's just the phone can't send the data over 3G back to the MobileMe servers without dropping your call - which it obviously doesn't want to do.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Must be rough not having voice and data at the same time...
Not at all. Verizon users who've never had the ability don't miss what they've never had; and those users who absolutely need the ability to use data while on their cell phone have data solutions that meet their needs that do not involve their cell phones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2