iPhone acting screwy

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So this morning, out of the blue, my iPhone 4 starts giving me the "this accessory is not optimized for iPhone" message even though it isn't plugged in to anything.

What's weirder is that even with the sound turned on, it will not play any message sounds, rings, etc. and instead vibrates. Also, when I hit the volume buttons, the ringer window pops up, but the little slide at the bottom is non-existant.

Has anyone encountered this? I did update to iOS 4.3, but that was last week and I haven't had any problems with this phone before now.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Reboot has no effect. I even deleted the last app that I downloaded and then rebooted, thinking that it may have corrupted the OS somehow. No effect. Oh well, I'll take it in to the Apple store after work. I'm sure that they will take care of me. I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else and if they knew the root cause.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Try using a dry NEW toothbrush to clean your contacts both on the phone and charger. Beats doing nothing. IMO, you have a hw glitch & that's the best suggestion I can come up with.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2