FaceTime questions...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to call my daughter using FaceTime. I'm on an iPhone4, she's on an iPod Touch. If she calls my phone, we are able to make a FaceTime connection without issue. But if I try to "call" her, the call never goes through - I either get some AT&T message that the call did not go through; or I get prompted to send her an email.

What do I need to do to be able to originate a FaceTime call from my iPhone4 to a non-phone (Mac, iPad or iPod)? I find the documentation very lacking...

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Hank, I presume since she can call you, she has set up her Facetime with her email. My step son has the iPod Touch 4G. I have him in my contacts list on my iPhone 4. I go to his name in my contact list and I have his number and his email programmed in under his name. I scroll down after I select him in my contact list and toward the bottom I tap on the Facetime icon. Once I do that, I am presented with the choice of using his number or email address, and I choose his email and the call goes through to his iPod Touch. This should solve your issue.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I discovered the same thing as Icyhot. In order to call an iPT, you have to set it up in your contacts.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, icy and Alli...

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my question. I am able to do that, but I'd like to see her FaceTime connection in my "favorites". Since I am JB and am running Lockinfo, I am trying to get her FT link on my lock screen with the other "phone" contacts under Favorites.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You may not be able to do that without also assigning a phone number to her - even if it's a fake and you don't plan to use it.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I saw your post and tried it. And it did not work. For some reason it looks like if you have a contact with only an email address and try to facetime them via their email address. Lockinfo is dropping the "@" and the "." from the email address when it dials and that is why it's not working. I just emailed the dev. He usually responds within minutes. I'll let you know what he says.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I saw your post and tried it. And it did not work. For some reason it looks like if you have a contact with only an email address and try to facetime them via their email address. Lockinfo is dropping the "@" and the "." from the email address when it dials and that is why it's not working. I just emailed the dev. He usually responds within minutes. I'll let you know what he says.

Yeah, I noticed it dropping all not alpha/numeric characters...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234