Has anyone here used any of the cheap speaker docks best buy sells?

nygiants10

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of getting one of those docking stations with speakers that best buy sells for work to make the sound louder. Has anyone ever used one of these and do they really get a lot louder than the normal phone speakers, they have a set for 30$ i have my eye on.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.. i put that to the test one day at my local best buy when i had my 3G..

i went around sticking my device on various docks. i could definitely tell the difference between the $30 vs the $180.. so it's all about what you are happy with and what you are willing to spend

it seemed the cheap ones distorted way too easily. i never did buy one though.. i can think of a lot of other things to spend $100+ on

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I agree with blink. You can definitely hear the difference. The Logitech S715i are more expensive at about $100, but they sound great, and they have a rechargeable battery built in so they can easily move around the house, to the garage, laundry room, backyard, whatever. I love them.

smalcom

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of getting one of those docking stations with speakers that best buy sells for work to make the sound louder. Has anyone ever used one of these and do they really get a lot louder than the normal phone speakers, they have a set for 30$ i have my eye on.

I have the Griffin AirCurve for my 3GS. It does increase the sound without distortion, but, of course, it is an acoustical solution, and it's not all that much louder, but it's enough to make speaker listening acceptable. Since I only paid $5.75 for it on ebay, I'm not terribly disappointed. You can also attach your docking cable and charge at the same time.

There are two versions. One for the 3G/3GS and one for the iPhone 4. You might want to try it and then look on ebay for a good deal.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
We bought a Sony ICF-CS10iP FM/AM clock radio at Best Buy for $99 for our kitchen. We like to listen to iPod, Pandora an Podcasts while cooking, we're happy with the sound, we didn't need it to blast through the house, we have our Apple TV and sound system for that. Guess it depends on what you want it for.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My Wife got me the Sony ICF-CS10iP FM/AM clock radio too. I love it, plenty loud and sounds great.

Worst case just save the packing and you can return what ever you buy from BB if you hate it.

xalittlegirlx

Mar 21, 2011
www.twitter.com
I got an iLive Soundbar with iPod Drawer (it comes out when you need it and goes back in when on other sources) for christmas and it worked great with my iphone 3G and works great with my iphone4 I have now.

when I put it on the dock I get a message about charging not compatible with this accessory but it still charges my phone for me.

sound is great coming from the soundbar and I also have my DirecTV box plugged into it so when I'm watching TV I get a good sound in my bedroom

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal