I have a Canon MP560 printer, I have it set up to print wirelessly to from my macbook. I was told by an apple employee that I could download a app or a patch to have it print from my iphone and ipad.

I have searched for this and cannot find it.

Can anyone help me ??

Thanks
    Timothy McKenna1 likes this.
    03-14-2011 08:41 PM
    I really hope someone answers because that is the same printer I have.
    03-14-2011 08:56 PM
    As far as i knew. There were only 8 HP printers that supported AirPrint. What does the Canon website say?
    03-14-2011 09:15 PM
    I just downloaded printopia. Mac Apps from Ecamm Network

This app enables you to print to any wifi printer. I have a Canon MP560, I downloaded the app to my Mac ( it only works with mac ) and installed it.

I can then print from my ipad or iphone to my mac to the printer. The catch is that the app needs to be running on your mac.

I x off the app so it went disappeared from my dock but it is running in the background.

Now i can select a email or a photo and select print and " wa la " it prints.

App runs $ 10 bucks... worth it for me....
    03-14-2011 09:27 PM
    I use an app called Print n Share, lets you print directly to any wifi printer and from any app, no need to have an airprint printer! It also lets you convert files to PDF on your iPad - you will love it.
    Last edited by Lennys; 03-15-2011 at 03:19 AM.
    03-15-2011 03:13 AM
    I contacted Canon. They replied that they have no app to support AirPrint at this time. I have had for long time the canon easy photo print app. It works great wireless to print photos.
    Timothy McKenna1 likes this.
    03-15-2011 08:37 AM
    Wish it printed docs as well.
    03-15-2011 10:49 AM
    Wish it printed docs as well.
    After the latest update on canon easy photo print u can now print anything. Just do the screen capture(press home and power). This puts it in your photos. Then just open the canon app and print. Works good so far. I just printed invoice of an order. Hth . This is on my Canon MP560.
    08-24-2011 04:09 PM
    I have finally managed to print from my iPad to my Canon PIXMA 560. I took a screen capture. I also had to feed the paper from the rear tray, which I didn't even know existed.

This isn't perfect; printing a long document would take forever, but at least it's something!
    08-29-2011 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD