Please help an Iphone Noob restore(Im computer savvy though!)

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I mention I'm computer savvy because i know it can be a pain
helping out a COMPLETE "noobie". anyways..

I have IOS 4.2.6 on Verizon.

Installed GreenPois0n and Jailbroke my Iphone 4.

I noticed my Battery has been draining a little faster and the overall OS on the phone seems to be stuttering consistantly after Jailbreaking ex: (upon unlocking my iphone 4, there's a little lag..maybe a second or two before i can go to different pages of icons, swiping right and left) and i never noticed that before hand.

Point being.. i would like to restore my iphone to how it was before i jailbroke it. Plus i went through CYDIA and there's really nothing i MUST have from there..

Itunes has been Authorized on 5 computers already.

I am NOT on any of those comptuers (I'm at my office computer)

I backed up my Iphone on Itunes BEFORE i jailbroke it, On my home computer.

Is it possible for me to restore my iphone on my work computer when Itunes is NOT authorized ? Then when it is restored to factory setting, Go home and Back up my Iphone?

Part i am @:
-I plugged in my iphone 4 into my work computer and i clicked restore, it is now downloading "Iphone Software Update". I just want to know if its safe to go throught with it when its done downloading.

Do i need to mess with DFU mode to do any of this?

I would realllllllly appreciate if anyone with the know-how could help me out :)

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just login to iTunes and select deauthorize all computers. Then you can authorize your work computer. When your done you'll have to reauthorize all your other computers again.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It should restore fine. I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that the 5 computer limit
is for your actual iTunes account and not for device syncing. However, if it doesn't back up your apps
(free or paid) then you'll have to go the route that generik777 recommended. If you don't run
into the problem, then yeah go ahead and restore and just restore the backup when you get home.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking will slow you down naturally, but not anything close to be annoying. I am guessing some other process is interfering.

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Just login to iTunes and select deauthorize all computers. Then you can authorize your work computer. When your done you'll have to reauthorize all your other computers again.

Thanks for the reply!

I went ahead and clicked restore using the Unauthorized Itunes.. Works like a
Charm! :)

Now i can go home and restore using the Back up i created before i jailbroke it.
:)

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It should restore fine. I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that the 5 computer limit
is for your actual iTunes account and not for device syncing. However, if it doesn't back up your apps
(free or paid) then you'll have to go the route that generik777 recommended. If you don't run
into the problem, then yeah go ahead and restore and just restore the backup when you get home.

^^ Worked perfectly! Thanks! :)

EDIT: This is off the thread subject, But would anyone know why the Messages Section of the Facebook app, would change the 3 Tabs on the bottom From

Messages | Updates | Sent

to

Messages | Other | Online

^ thats actually for a co-worker.. but if anyone knows let me know. Thanks!

if i should just create a new thread, let me know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77