Restore as new or from backup?

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Since I updated from v4.2.1 to v4.3 my battery life drops like a stone.

I have attempted a restore (first time ever), and chose restore from backup. Nothing has changed and my battery life still sucks.

If I choose to restore as new, will I loose all the apps I have paid for?

I know I will loose and saved settings etc in each app, but as long as I can download them back to my iPhone without cost, I will try the restore as new phone option.

jaxon#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I restored as new over the weekend and It didn't help much with battery life. I did get a more responsive and organized iPhone 4 in return.:) I also got a great excuse to fool around with my phone like I did when it was new.;)

Conclusion
- more responsive phone
- saved a lot of space by getting rid of useless apps, photos and tunes
- better organised home screens
- no improvement on battery life

Does anyone else have problems with battery life after 4.3 update??

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
To answer the OP, no, you will not lose everything you paid for. You will be able to install them all again without paying. You will find they are still in your iTunes and you can choose which ones you want to install.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP try this, it helped e on two occassions so far but might be an isolated thing. Whenever you can the first time clear all the apps in the task switcher. Then with it plugged in to charge turn the phone off and leave it charging for four or more hours whatever you can spare. Then turn it on and use as you normally would. Now I do this every weekend which is the only time I can do without my phone for more than four hours straight. Only the first time do I clear all the apps from the task switcher.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all. I do frequently run down the battery and full recharge, however, not since the 4.3 update.

I've got nothing to loose!

I have already:

Deleted/recreated email accounts
Quit everything from the task bar ribbon
Hard reset
Restore from backup
Reset network settings

Never had a problem with an update before, really annoyed with this as it's really affecting my phone usage.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it just seems, to me, that restoring as new (not from backup) is always the best way to go

in fact that is all i do when that time presents itself. after you do it for a while it's pretty painless

like Garz said, learn to backup photos and contacts other ways and you're good

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I use Google Contacts, and have already got a fairly recent copy of my photo's. I will do another copy before I restore.

Thanks guy's & gal.

I Will do a full restore as new tonight - hopefully!

edit:

Restore as new completed. Required apps, photo's and music loaded back onto my iPhone. Battery was completely flattened then fully charged to 100% and then some!

Let's hope that's done the trick.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro