New to Iphone and wow, destroys my old droid.

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are both coming from Incredibles. She hates change and fought it for about 10 minutes. Once she got the 4 in her hands and starting using it the Droid was forgotten. Didn't take me but 30 secs to realize I had made the right choice. I Phones from here on out for us.

Bill

tward09

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually still an Android user on an OG Droid. I've rooted and ROMed to my heart's content, and I've LOVED it. I still love Android, but I'm seriously considering the iPhone 5 when it comes out. If Apple fixes their notification system and adds a little more customizing in iOS, I'm making the jump. I may jailbreak and do it anyway. Convince me!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried a Droid X for about 8 days and this was after Verizon got the iPhone 4. I eventually used their 14 day return policy and I won't try that mess again. In the long run Verizon didn't work out for me because in our area they are still building out after buying a smaller regional carrier. However, at some point Verizon is going to have great coverage. I may reconsider them again when the iPhone 5 comes out.

Like others have said, I found apps crashed a lot, GUI froze up and only a hard shut down would bring it back. Battery life.. don't even go there! Nuff Said!

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I can certainly relate to this topic! I just recently got an iPhone after quite a few years on BlackBerry. I've had a couple of different generations of iPod Touch's but never an iPhone! Have been wanting one for a while now so dropped my BB and got one! One word describes it! WOW!! By far the sexiest, most polished and smooth smartphone I have ever had the pleasure of using! Not a BB hater but they don't come close to operating like this!! So much to learn, so much I want to play with! Ahhhhhh!!! Where do I start...!!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well you had a 2 year old phone. Same could be said form a iPhone 3G to iPhone 4.

Older hardware and software means problems. Just like older Apple products (ie; 4.3 won;t work on older devices)

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
When I was addicted to my Blackberry, we always referred to the iPhone as the "Dark Side". I posted on crackberry.com at least 500 times over the years. I love my iPhone 4!!!! It shouldn't be the "Dark Side". I finally saw the "LIGHT" when I got my iPhone. I will never go back to BB. Apple also has the best service I have ever experienced.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Well I can certainly relate to this topic! I just recently got an iPhone after quite a few years on BlackBerry. I've had a couple of different generations of iPod Touch's but never an iPhone! Have been wanting one for a while now so dropped my BB and got one! One word describes it! WOW!! By far the sexiest, most polished and smooth smartphone I have ever had the pleasure of using! Not a BB hater but they don't come close to operating like this!! So much to learn, so much I want to play with! Ahhhhhh!!! Where do I start...!!

My wife and daughter gave me an iPhone 4 for my birthday last month and I am still amazed with the iPhone.I totally agree with you about the iPhone. Now, if I can only convince my wife to get an iPad!!!!

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I know it is a little off topic, but I am new to the iPhone 4 coming from a Blackberry device. So far, I like the UI on the iPhone, but I am using the Good application for corporate email, and I am finding that the notifications are very slow and even when I do recieve them, the vibrate function of the iPhone is very weak so I rarely even notice it going off in my pocket. I'm only 4 days in at this point, so I'm going to continue to give it some time to get used to, but so far I'm on the fence wondering if I should revert back to a Blackberry....:confused:

Check out this guide---> Daily Tip: How to setup Gmail as Exchange to push your e-mails [Beginner] | TiPb

buggyman

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Sprint EVO. I loved the Evo and it is a great phone. I kept it for a couple weeks after getting the Iphone 4 thinking I would not be able to go to the smaller screen. I have had the iphone 4 now for a month and when I look at my wife's Evo I cant believe how white the screen looks. I very much prefer the Iphone screen now. HOWEVER I hope the Iphone 5 gets a 4 inch screen, but stays the same size. I now like the smaller size. The biggest thing I am actually impressed with the Iphone 4 is battery life. I have yet to get below 30% after 15 hours of use. I knew and did every battery saving tip with the Evo and never could get anywhere near the battery life.

Android vs IOS I think there is many things that both do good. LIke always said the Ios notifications sucks very bad. I also miss flash. I think the evo web experience was better. I also miss google integration and google navigation. I miss google voice. However all in all I like the Iphone 4 and the way all my apple products play nice together. I would however like in the future if I could sync my iphone without connecting with a cord.