iPhone 4 and Ford Sync

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So I have a new car. It has Ford Sync. I have searched & read enough to know the iPhone does not fully integrate with the system--the system reading text messages does not work; but I have something rather odd happening.

My phone automatically pairs with the car when I get in. That works great (for phone calls), but when I get a text message, it stops the music (satellite, iPhone, CD, whatever) . . . like it 'sees' it and is trying to read it.

Do any of you folks know if there is a way to turn that off on the Sync system. It's SUPER annoying. =) I've searched syncmyride.com & related forums, but no luck.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
So I have a new car. It has Ford Sync. I have searched & read enough to know the iPhone does not fully integrate with the system--the system reading text messages does not work; but I have something rather odd happening.

My phone automatically pairs with the car when I get in. That works great (for phone calls), but when I get a text message, it stops the music (satellite, iPhone, CD, whatever) . . . like it 'sees' it and is trying to read it.

Do any of you folks know if there is a way to turn that off on the Sync system. It's SUPER annoying. =) I've searched syncmyride.com & related forums, but no luck.

There is an option in Sync to turn autoplay off, but it still plays on connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That's strange, I have a new car with Ford Sync and it doesn't stop anything when receiving a text, maybe my settings by default are different than yours...Did you change any of your default settings on Sync during setup? I will check it out later this morning and let you know...

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have not changed any factory settings...I am not sure why it does this, but I look forward to learning what your settings are.

THANK YOU!

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a F150 and only the texting doesn't work. When I get a text it just makes the sound through my speakers and the blutetooth audio keeps playing.

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
What I hate is if you're not listening to Bluetooth Audio Stream and you get a Text message you won't hear the text tone. Because the phone automatically connects to the audio stream whenever it connects to the car all sounds are redirected to that stream. So if you're listening to a CD or the radio or an iPod via USB you won't know you even received a text message. A few times I've been in the car and about 15 min later seen a text from my wife asking me something and then a few min later saying "hello are you there" because I never heard it.
Any one have a fix for this?

jbaibl33

May 2, 2011
Visit site
What I hate is if you're not listening to Bluetooth Audio Stream and you get a Text message you won't hear the text tone. Because the phone automatically connects to the audio stream whenever it connects to the car all sounds are redirected to that stream. So if you're listening to a CD or the radio or an iPod via USB you won't know you even received a text message. A few times I've been in the car and about 15 min later seen a text from my wife asking me something and then a few min later saying "hello are you there" because I never heard it.
Any one have a fix for this?

I have the same complaint. However, I have not found a solution

lfarris51

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
IPhone 4 and Ford Sync

I just returned for a service appointment with Ford to see why my new Ford Focus was having electrical issues. I purchased the car a little over a month ago. My power steering went out (had an error message saying it wasn't working) and had to pull over and restart the car to get it to work, radio not turning off when I exited the car and a few other things. They diagnosed the problem as the IPhone sync interfering with the car's computer system. They un-synced it and deleted the IPhone from the sync system. The technician said that Ford only tested successfully the IPhone2 and that they are seeing a lot of electrical issues (error messages) related to the IPhone 3 and 4's being synced with the cars.
I am testing this theory by running the car for the next month to see if I have any issues and will update this if there is anything to report.

Roman Smolkin

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. If I double tap the home button while in locked screen, there is a little orange arrow in upper right where I can select whether the sounds should go to SYNC or to iPhone, but it always defaults to SYNC. So annoying, I miss a ton of notifications because I don't hear them while listening to the radio. But I use bluetooth for conversations all the time. just wish the notification sounds could go through the phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2