Who thinks there clock will "spring ahead"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iPad(4.2) and iPhone(4.3) both changed Saturday night correctly. However it's Monday morning and the iPad went back to the old time an hour back. The iPhone is fine.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone 4 didn't accept the challenge during the last time change, did yours?
I had to turn off the "set automatically" button until the third day when it magically fixed itself.
Any bets history will repeat itself?:D

If you have it set to automatic time then it will change on it's own. Even my Razr of old would change the time on it's own. The only thing that I have to manually change these days are the clocks in my car, coffee maker, and oven.

And yes my iPhone did spring ahead right on time.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Both iPhones in the household are on 4.2.1 and they changed over without issue and alarms continued to work as expected too :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Why did all these people's phones not change time? Mine has never not changed in many years.

Does everyone have automatic time turned off?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
AT&T 4.2.1

Mine changed okay on auto, but later in the day I noticed it was an hour off. If I switched to "manual" it showed the correct time, but as soon as I put it back on "auto" it was an hour behind again??? The last time change worked fine for me, but I performed the Jailbreak last week. Is it due to the Jailbreak?

Last edited:

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Please correct me if i'm wrong. Isn't it the carrier that sets the time? My carrier is Rogers. My phone was sprung forward with no problem. Mine is Jailbroken..

Last edited:

70gsrick

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
This one baffled me, both of our i4's and my iPad changed time automatically and correctly but my trusty i4 weekday alarm went off at 4:30 am when it was set for 5:30 am for the last two days in a row. I even deleted all the alarms and set them up new. Craziness!

If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be thankful

AT&T JB and 4.1

Thanks

gadgetgirl88

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This is happening to me too, but not with the i4 alarm but with the ihome app alarm which I don't even use anymore but all of a sudden since the time change is going off an hour before it used to be set to, weird. BTW, I had my clock on set automatically and thats when it decided to go back the hour. All very strange, hate to say it but never had that problem with my bb.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This one baffled me, both of our i4's and my iPad changed time automatically and correctly but my trusty i4 weekday alarm went off at 4:30 am when it was set for 5:30 am for the last two days in a row. I even deleted all the alarms and set them up new. Craziness!

If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be thankful

AT&T JB and 4.1

Thanks

4.1 had the alarm bug which was addressed in 4.2. You will need to upgrad higher then 4.1 to fix that problem.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why did all these people's phones not change time? Mine has never not changed in many years.

Does everyone have automatic time turned off?

Having Automatic doesn't stop the time from updating. Perhaps it is for people who are not in standard hour back and hour forward locations? However my GF's 3G is still on 4.1 so last time I turned the auto off. I was stumped that her phone updated the time fine and alarms had no problem while my iPad had problems. I went in and Auto was off, so when it's off the phone uses it's internal clock I think.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This time change has come and gone. We'll get another pass at it when the old date rolls round in a few weeks. But for now this thread has become a spam magnet, so it's time to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.